View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Haha - great minds. However, I think you'll find a large proportion of people here older than 35. And *ahem* not everyone on this forum is a parent actually - some are still hoping to be.
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. Bubhub isn't a true reflection of society. Mostly females within a certain age demographic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In any case, even in society it's up around 65% of people believe it should already be legal. I believe it will be within the next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sure do. Who am I to say no they can't marry? If two people love each other and wish to marry then awesome! I am sure they love each other the same way a man and woman do, so why not let them marry!

All for it. I would like to think if either of my children were gay that they would have the rightto marry someone they love just like a man and woman. Love is love. No one should be allowed to tell them they can't. Sure if religion doesn't want them too, then so be it (in that church) but give them the right to choose to marry outside of church in any which way they choose.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    6 people voted no, which is exactly what I expected and imagine there will not be anymore on here.

So it seems the minority do dictate to the majority.
    Well, you need to remember that BubHub is not representative of Australia as a whole. If we based our last election on BH then we would have a Greens PM!

However I do think society at large is finally ready for the radical notion of gay marriage. Now to get that across to the pollies...

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Latest polling of the country suggests that it is between 70-78% who are supportive of gay marriage. Which means we are catering to a very vocal minority who should, quite frankly, shut the hell up and stay out of other people's lives.

It is frightfully unfair that I could walk down the street and marry the next guy I see but those in a committed homosexual relationship cannot marry their partner. It is hateful and vile that in this day and age in a country such as ours, that this is still the case. Denying people the right to marry is abhorrent.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Benji  (25-03-2012),peoniesarepretty  (24-03-2012),share a book  (24-03-2012),Veve  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes 100%. It breaks my heart that people can't choose to marry whomever they want.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    In any case, even in society it's up around 65% of people believe it should already be legal. I believe it will be within the next year.
    Oh, look, agree completely.

But...

To get all political on you, this move will be made by a labor government first of all. I can't see a liberal government changing it. Secondly, of the population, x% ALWAYS vote liberal, x% ALWAYS vote labor. It's the y%, known as swinging voters, who the pollies woo. So rather than the population as a whole, it's what % of the swinging vote that supports gay marriage is what's important.

Like I said. I hate politics.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Of course. My gender shouldn't dictate whether or not my partner's gender makes our relationship 'valid'. Same goes for same sex couples in my eyes.
    It's like turning around to someone and saying "You can't have your parents recognised as your parents because one is the same gender as you. That means that legally they can't be your parents".

I know that doesn't make sense and sounds stupid, but that's exactly how I feel about equal marriage rights. It doesn't make sense and sounds stupid that those rights aren't extended to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    There is one member on here who speaks highly of her childhood and she was raised by same-sex parents I know a few same-sex couples raising kids and their kids don't get teased (they are also beautiful kids and very well adjusted).

We are entering a new phase in society where it is no longer deemed as 'abnormal' as years gone by. I strongly believe that most children in my son's generation will not blink twice at such unions.
    My cousin and her partner are easing triplets and they are a hell of a lot better behaved than my 3! lol. They are awesome parents and their sexual orientation doesn't even cross anyone's mind (that know and love them) Even my 88 year old grandmother has embraced it all an she didn't even know lesbians existed until she was in her 30's.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely, YES!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast