View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When two people love each other wether it be 2 men, 2 women or one of each they should have the ability to get married. Can't remember who it was but loved it when someone said "its people like Kim Kardashian and Britney Spears who ruin the sanctities of marriage. Not a loving couple of any genders"

Thanks
    Reviews
    YES!!!!! This shouldnt even be asked. It isnt even something that should ve questioned. Everyone should have the same rights regardless if they are straight, gay, bi, white, black, yellow or green. We are all expected to follow and live in a society govened by the same rules. So everyone within that society should be equal.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, yes, yes!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be completely honest and throw a spanner in the works. I say yes and no.
    I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I also believe in couples not living together/sleeping together before marriage.
    I have friend's who identify as gay (married overseas) and certainly have friends who live together or sleep around before marriage.
    The reason I say 'yes' is if I ever made anyone feel less than myself, inferior or 'bad' because their lifestyle choice, then shame on me because intolerance that brews hatred is just disgusting. I believe people that are homophobic, gay haters are just as bad as racists and that is totally wrong.
    BUT if there was an election (or for the sake of the poll) I would vote 'no'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elleseetee For This Useful Post:

bet3  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My vote is yes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes yes yes yes yes!!

I too can't understand why anyone would say no and why it has anything to do with them anyway.

I hope it happens very soon, my best friend has promised DD can be flower girl at her and her girlfriend's wedding, I don't want DD to be too old to do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    On the otherhand, has anyone here grown up with same sex parents? I'm really on the fence when it comes to parents because I feel that the children would face some struggles that no child should have to. Or I'd it something outsiders just deal with?
    The only problems/struggles I can think of are caused by society, not the family in question. Growing up with a widowed mother was difficult almost entirely because of society's and government's expectations of a "mum + dad + 2.4 kids" family.

The sooner different supportive family structures are recognised and accepted the better.

Although some people like to say that a child has a right to grow up with a mother and father, I can't think of a single organisation, or even a single person, that locates and provides suitable replacement fathers to children of widowed mothers (or vice versa with genders reversed). As near as I can tell, the (imaginary) "right" to a mother and father is a meaningless statement that some people utter to make themselves feel more secure in their (hetero) beliefs or to entrench discriminatory practices.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Benji  (25-03-2012),peoniesarepretty  (24-03-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast