View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    exactly

I think a lot of people get married simply because it is the done thing. I wish I never got married. I think same-sex couples should have the same right to marry as hetrosexual couples.
    Ok, thanks.
    I dunno about that. In this day and age society doesn't expect or demand marriage. I honestly don't know anyone that married because it was expected.
    Food for thought though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    You know what I will never understand? Why centrelink recognizes it as a relationship purely so they don't have to pay out as much money, the government needs to wake up and realise it's all or nothing (preferably all)you can't pick and chose which parts to recognize.

On the otherhand, has anyone here grown up with same sex parents? I'm really on the fence when it comes to parents because I feel that the children would face some struggles that no child should have to. Or I'd it something outsiders just deal with?

I fully support but feel for the children that get bullied
    There are some members here (or used to be?) with same-sex parents, and from memory, they haven't been upset with their childhoods because of their parents sexuality.

I must say, kids will tease you about anything, and your parents being gay is just one small thing they could choose to target. If they're using your parents as a reason to tease, they might pick on you because your parents are fat, or poor, or are a bit nuts, or are too rich, or your mother's got great big fake tits, or your Dad is totally hot and all your friends want him, or they've got a big nose, or have an obvious birthmark or some other random thing.

Pretty much nobody could have kids if you think of the things their kids might be teased of because of them. I can think of a bunch of things kids might find on me to tease my daughter about. It's not exactly a reason for her not to exist though.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes. 110%!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what I will never understand? Why centrelink recognizes it as a relationship purely so they don't have to pay out as much money, the government needs to wake up and realise it's all or nothing (preferably all)you can't pick and chose which parts to recognize.

On the otherhand, has anyone here grown up with same sex parents? I'm really on the fence when it comes to parents because I feel that the children would face some struggles that no child should have to. Or I'd it something outsiders just deal with?

I think that you would find that the more GBLT people who have children the more it will be seen as 'normal' and the children would not be any more vulnernable to teasing then any other child.

It was not long ago that children of single parents and from interracial relationships were picked on but that has all but disappeared (well for the single parent example anyway) as these family types have been accepted by society. The same will happen as GBLT families increase in number and no doubt marriage equality would speed this along.
    Last edited by MsTruth; 23-03-2012 at 23:15.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

There is one member on here who speaks highly of her childhood and she was raised by same-sex parents I know a few same-sex couples raising kids and their kids don't get teased (they are also beautiful kids and very well adjusted).

We are entering a new phase in society where it is no longer deemed as 'abnormal' as years gone by. I strongly believe that most children in my son's generation will not blink twice at such unions.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely !

Thanks
    Reviews
    On phone- Yes. Can't fathom why anyone would not agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes 100000000000%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happyslapper View Post
    On phone- Yes. Can't fathom why anyone would not agree.
    Agree. I can't understand why it's even a question, it's blatant discrimination.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bin13 For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (24-03-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast