View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, but I also think that marriage shouldn't be taken as lightly as it is. (People get married too easily these days. They should be fully informed about what it legally means, whereas the majority of those getting married dont know the full implications.)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

elleseetee  (24-03-2012),share a book  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Yes, but I also think that marriage shouldn't be taken as lightly as it is. (People get married too easily these days. They should be fully informed about what it legally means, whereas the majority of those getting married dont know the full implications.)
    I find this a strange statement. Could you extrapolate?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!

My wife and I were married legally in Canada, but our marriage is not recognised here in Australia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babystepswa For This Useful Post:

Lostndelirious12  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    absolutely yes!!love is love.simple

Sent from my GT-S5660V using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adam & Eve, Adam & Steve, Ally & Eve, why not? I don't see any problem with it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Merlsy For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what I will never understand? Why centrelink recognizes it as a relationship purely so they don't have to pay out as much money, the government needs to wake up and realise it's all or nothing (preferably all)you can't pick and chose which parts to recognize.

On the otherhand, has anyone here grown up with same sex parents? I'm really on the fence when it comes to parents because I feel that the children would face some struggles that no child should have to. Or I'd it something outsiders just deal with?

I fully support but feel for the children that get bullied

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Purpz  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I think she means that it should be something serious for all people, not all but some people just get Married for the wrong reasons,for example I almost married my now ex bf because. I fell pregnant it should be about love not circumstance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I find this a strange statement. Could you extrapolate?
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    I think she means that it should be something serious for all people, not all but some people just get Married for the wrong reasons,for example I almost married my now ex bf because. I fell pregnant it should be about love not circumstance
    exactly

I think a lot of people get married simply because it is the done thing. I wish I never got married. I think same-sex couples should have the same right to marry as hetrosexual couples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes! I'm amazed that this is still a question in our society! I believe that I WILL live to see the day where my daughters are able to marry their soulmate irrespective of gender.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    You know what I will never understand? Why centrelink recognizes it as a relationship purely so they don't have to pay out as much money, the government needs to wake up and realise it's all or nothing (preferably all)you can't pick and chose which parts to recognize.

On the otherhand, has anyone here grown up with same sex parents? I'm really on the fence when it comes to parents because I feel that the children would face some struggles that no child should have to. Or I'd it something outsiders just deal with?

I fully support but feel for the children that get bullied
    There are some members here (or used to be?) with same-sex parents, and from memory, they haven't been upset with their childhoods because of their parents sexuality.

I must say, kids will tease you about anything, and your parents being gay is just one small thing they could choose to target. If they're using your parents as a reason to tease, they might pick on you because your parents are fat, or poor, or are a bit nuts, or are too rich, or your mother's got great big fake tits, or your Dad is totally hot and all your friends want him, or they've got a big nose, or have an obvious birthmark or some other random thing.

Pretty much nobody could have kids if you think of the things their kids might be teased of because of them. I can think of a bunch of things kids might find on me to tease my daughter about. It's not exactly a reason for her not to exist though.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (25-03-2012),Lostndelirious12  (25-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (24-03-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast