View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    169 89.42%
  • No

    20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 365
  1. #341
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks
    3,591
    Thanked
    892
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am pro same-sex marriage. I don't think that same-sex couples should be denied the opportunity to marry just because of some people's religious views or others inability to understand homosexuality.

    I think this idea marriage being only for heterosexual couples is another example of an outdated 'social norm' (for lack of a better word) that needs to be brought into the twenty-first century and modern society's expectations.

    I haven't read the entire thread (about to go back and do that now), but I encourage people to share their opinions with the HoR Social Policy and Legal Affairs Committee who are inquiring into the proposed Marriage Equality Amendments which would legalise same-sex marriage: http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...e%2Findex.htm#

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    So you believe that the only reason that you're sexually attracted to men is because you didn't grow up around gay people?
    It was natural instinct to be attracted to males and nothing else influenced my decision because seeing gay people together was not seen when I was growing up.

  3. #343
    Witwicky's Avatar
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked
    3,495
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    My 4yr old already likes girls and knows because of people around him, girls with boys is the norm, that girls like boys and boys like girls. That's the way it is as that's what he sees. So we arent going to bring anything else into the equation unless he asks. We don't have any gay people where we live that I am aware off. If kids see boys with boys or girls with girls I believe they will think its the norm and be influenced. I don't believe it's in their genes or girls were born as girls, they end up with men then decided later, oh hang on I think I like girls. I just don't believe that!
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I don't mind being called a bigot etc because I think it's a conscience choice. I didn't compare homosexuality to incest or to robbery...I was merely saying happiness and it feeling right doesn't make it natural. I think we are not born with preference I think life experience dictates these things. Should same sex couples be allowed to marry sure, have kids sure I have no problem with it. I have taught kids with gay parents who do an amazing job. My reason for thinking it should happen is not based on altruistic views but based on that it makes no difference to my life. These are still good people just because they choose a relationship with the same sex.
    If life experience dictates homosexuality, then why are there homosexual animals? Because it's normal and natural
    Last edited by DQ; 05-04-2012 at 22:14. Reason: unnecessary

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

    faroutbrusselsprout  (05-04-2012),Guest1234  (05-04-2012),Moxy  (05-04-2012),Plan A  (05-04-2012),shelle65  (05-04-2012)

  5. #344
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked
    2,879
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    My 4yr old already likes girls and knows because of people around him, girls with boys is the norm, that girls like boys and boys like girls. That's the way it is as that's what he sees. So we arent going to bring anything else into the equation unless he asks. We don't have any gay people where we live that I am aware off. If kids see boys with boys or girls with girls I believe they will think its the norm and be influenced. I don't believe it's in their genes or girls were born as girls, they end up with men then decided later, oh hang on I think I like girls. I just don't believe that!
    Well by that argument, children who grow up around the gay community should end up gay. Yet evidence hasn't proven that at all.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

    Busy-Bee  (05-04-2012),Guest1234  (05-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (05-04-2012),MuminMind  (05-04-2012),SassyMummy  (05-04-2012),share a book  (05-04-2012),shelle65  (05-04-2012),Witwicky  (05-04-2012)

  7. #345
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sautéed with bacon
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,695
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Well by that argument, children who grow up around the gay community should end up gay. Yet evidence hasn't proven that at all.
    My cousin and her partner (same sex) have triplets and their "dad" is gay and they have a lot of gay friends so I'll keep you posted on their sexual orientation and see if they follow what is right and natural...

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

    share a book  (05-04-2012)

  9. #346
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked
    2,879
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    My cousin and her partner (same sex) have triplets and their "dad" is gay and they have a lot of gay friends so I'll keep you posted on their sexual orientation and see if they follow what is right and natural...
    By rights not only should I be gay because mum is, I guess I should look at become a transgender because mum has lots of those friends too.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

    faroutbrusselsprout  (05-04-2012),MuminMind  (05-04-2012),share a book  (05-04-2012)

  11. #347
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Given the where this thread has gone I'll just say, people will think
    whatever they want to think regardless of it being against popular opinion, bigoted, discriminatory etc.. This is the beauty of freedom of thought. I personally do not think this makes the person anything, other than having a different social discourse to my own. There comes a time when our own opinions change and evolve (I can think of many times I have changed my own views) this I believe is not from being told but through an experience or reflection. The best learning comes intrinsically, not from others telling you how it should be. For what it's worth Kimberleygal1, I think I disagree with you on almost everything but I totally respect your right to say it and I actually admire the fact that you are true to your own beliefs.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

    AllYouNeedIsLove  (05-04-2012),hopefully2  (05-04-2012),squirrelex  (05-04-2012),starla  (05-04-2012)

  13. #348
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    1,382
    Thanked
    2,879
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bollocks Babyla. If someone posted that they don't think people of mixed race should marry, I highly doubt you'd be applauding their freedom of choice. It seems that homosexuality is the last bastion of discrimination that is still allowed.

  14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

    ABigDeepBreath  (05-04-2012),Bubmum  (05-04-2012),delirium  (05-04-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (05-04-2012),Guest1234  (05-04-2012),headoverfeet  (05-04-2012),misskittyfantastico  (05-04-2012),Moxy  (05-04-2012),MuminMind  (05-04-2012),SassyMummy  (05-04-2012),share a book  (05-04-2012),shelle65  (05-04-2012),Witwicky  (05-04-2012)

  15. #349
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,708
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked
    2,784
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There soooo needs to be more respect and less harassment and personal attacks on same sex attracted people.

    The day you show tolerance and acceptance is the day others will show tolerance and acceptance of your views.
    Last edited by DQ; 05-04-2012 at 22:20. Reason: ref to deleted text

  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

    Bubmum  (05-04-2012),delirium  (05-04-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (05-04-2012),Guest1234  (05-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (05-04-2012),misskittyfantastico  (05-04-2012),SassyMummy  (05-04-2012),share a book  (05-04-2012),Witwicky  (05-04-2012)

  17. #350
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    There soooo needs to be more respect and less harassment and personal attacks on same sex attracted people.

    The day you show tolerance and acceptance is the day others will show tolerance and acceptance of your views.
    One of the best posts I've read on here

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    faroutbrusselsprout  (05-04-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. how to choose between 2 people to marry and have children with.
    By sylvia1111 in forum Family & Friends
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 29-10-2012, 13:45
  2. Would you be happy to marry this man?
    By faroutbrusselsprout in forum Family & Friends
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 17:24
  3. Snog, marry, avoid...
    By SAgirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-04-2012, 22:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!