View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Just my opinion. I can't get my head around the same sex concept tbh. I believe for a huge percent of people it is a choice. And once that choice is made I believe you have to live with the consequences regarding the way things stand which is that same sex marriage is not legal and I don't believe it should be changed! Same applies for same sex couples having children, I just don't think it's right for a child to have 2 mums or 2 dads, they need a mum and dad, it's the way god intended.
    Each to their own, but I do have a question, how would you explain your answer to someone who believes there is no god?
    (I am not in any way trying to put you down for your opinion, I am genuinely interested in your answer)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Good on you for speaking up and expressing your opinion. People are entitled to their opinions. The thread asked if you supported it or not. It should be left at that. No attacks necessary. ������
    Thanks. I did just answer the op by saying nope but was asked to explain so I did

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post
    Each to their own, but I do have a question, how would you explain your answer to someone who believes there is no god?
    (I am not in any way trying to put you down for your opinion, I am genuinely interested in your answer)
    Not something I've thought about because I am catholic and do believe in god.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's simply my belief! People don't have to like it or agree. I was grown up with a mum and a dad in a loving home and my kids will grow up with a mum and a dad in a loving home, its how i believe it's supposed to be. I am entitled to my opinion but once again people attack... But hey it's bubhub so it's the norm!

IVF is legal, there's a difference and they are completely different subjects.
    I wasn't asking if ivf was legal. You said same sex couples having children goes against gods intentions, so I was asking where you stand with ivf and gender selection as it appears you are all for it. Some people (not me) would argue that ivf and gender selection goes against gods intentions. How is it ok for you to go against gods intentions, but it's wrong for same sex couples? What makes you so special?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

littlegreengeisha  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    Regardless of what others say, I think hats off to you or being brave enough to voice your opinion despite being in the minority in this thread. I don't agree with you, but I don't have to. If a thread asks for opinions, people should be able to give alternate views. Otherwise it would need to be a pro-same sex marriage thread, not an open discussion
    I couldn't find the thanks button so thanks. I'm a straight shooter, I have no fear, if i have got something to say I say it. If people don't like it that's fine. There is just very little respect for others opinions on bubhub, and it's getting worse by the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not something I've thought about because I am catholic and do believe in god.
    Thanks for replying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I applaud anyone who challenges a racist, sexist, homophobic, etc etc opinion.

Hitler had the opinion that Jews were not a people worth life. I'm glad the rest of hte world didn't just stand by and go, "Oh, well, that's okay... he has the right to that opinion..."

Sometimes opinions are so negative and hateful, they deserve backlash.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (05-04-2012),Etienne  (05-04-2012),Gandalf  (05-04-2012),Guest1234  (05-04-2012),Jakois  (05-04-2012),littlegreengeisha  (06-04-2012),misskittyfantastico  (05-04-2012),peoniesarepretty  (05-04-2012),Plan A  (05-04-2012),Witwicky  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I must say I didn't read anything intentionally hurtful in kimberleygirls post. She expressed her opinion, without name calling and the like. Why should she not be bestowed the same courtesy?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (05-04-2012),SixtiesChild  (09-04-2012),Tamtam  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Answering the op. yes I do support it as two people who love each other making a commitment to be there in sickness and in health, for richer and poorer, for each other. How can anyone not support that?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BrAins For This Useful Post:

squished  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I couldn't find the thanks button so thanks. I'm a straight shooter, I have no fear, if i have got something to say I say it. If people don't like it that's fine. There is just very little respect for others opinions on bubhub, and it's getting worse by the day.
    Oh fiddlesticks!
    It's not about respect?!? Some of us are merely debating and questioning your thought process.
    Can you please "respect" me and just go along with my opinion..? See? Doesn't sit right does it?
    I'm sure you still respect those who do not agree with you, and I am the same.
    I'm a straight shooter, I have no fear, if i have got something to say I say it. If people don't like it that's fine.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (05-04-2012),Guest1234  (05-04-2012)