View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not to mention that just because a bio parent may be in a same sex relationship, doesn't mean the other bio parent isnt in the child's life!!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I honesty can't believe people are blatantly discriminating against homosexuals. It's disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    SUCH a great point! The argument actually isn't about whether or not being gay is a choice...because its irrelevant!! I'd still support 2 people making a commitment even if being gay was a choice (which it clearly isn't!)
    God is SO handy to use to hide behind ignorance!
    Except according to a lot of religious hubbers, discrimination against homosexuals has nothing to do with god or religion

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    How absolutely insulting to children of same sex parents (and single parents!) to be of the belief that children need a "mum" and a "dad".
    Bluergh.
    I know. I find that concept so oppressive, not only to gay people but to all married people. That attitude is why, especially in the past, abused woman stay in horrible marriages 'for the sake of the children'. It does nothing for human rights, it just teaches us to devalue our emotions and feelings so we can subscribe to the doctrine of 'normality''.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (05-04-2012),MuminMind  (05-04-2012),naebie  (05-04-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Just my opinion. I can't get my head around the same sex concept tbh. I believe for a huge percent of people it is a choice. And once that choice is made I believe you have to live with the consequences regarding the way things stand which is that same sex marriage is not legal and I don't believe it should be changed! Same applies for same sex couples having children, I just don't think it's right for a child to have 2 mums or 2 dads, they need a mum and dad, it's the way god intended.
    Why is it not right? What do you think would happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I know. I find that concept so oppressive, not only to gay people but to all married people. That attitude is why, especially in the past, abused woman stay in horrible marriages 'for the sake of the children'. It does nothing for human rights, it just teaches us to devalue our emotions and feelings so we can subscribe to the doctrine of 'normality''.
    Ahhhh you say it so much better.
    I meant ALL of that when I said - Bluergh.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most definitely! I hate that gay people aren't treated equally in our country. It's disgusting. I have so many gay friends & i want to see them as happy in a marriage as i am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I defy nature. I'm coping brilliantly without a mother and a father
    kimberlygal, I find it odd you think same sex couple go against gods intentions. What's your stance on IVF and gender selection? Some may argue that that's going against gods intentions (NOT ME - ill make that clear!). Or is it pick and choose with you, what suits you and all that?
    It's simply my belief! People don't have to like it or agree. I was grown up with a mum and a dad in a loving home and my kids will grow up with a mum and a dad in a loving home, its how i believe it's supposed to be. I am entitled to my opinion but once again people attack... But hey it's bubhub so it's the norm!

IVF is legal, there's a difference and they are completely different subjects.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's simply my belief! People don't have to like it or agree. I was grown up with a mum and a dad in a loving home and my kids will grow up with a mum and a dad in a loving home, its how i believe it's supposed to be. I am entitled to my opinion but once again people attack... But hey it's bubhub so it's the norm!

Some would say that IVF shouldn't occur, because if God wanted you to be a parent, you would fall pregnant. Or if God wanted you to have a daughter, He would bless you with one.

Double freakin standards huh?

ETA... The above is not my opinion, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Jakois; 05-04-2012 at 17:34.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (05-04-2012),Guest1234  (05-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (05-04-2012),naebie  (05-04-2012),RobinSparkles  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Good on you for speaking up and expressing your opinion. People are entitled to their opinions. The thread asked if you supported it or not. It should be left at that. No attacks necessary. 😊

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Regardless of what others say, I think hats off to you or being brave enough to voice your opinion despite being in the minority in this thread. I don't agree with you, but I don't have to. If a thread asks for opinions, people should be able to give alternate views. Otherwise it would need to be a pro-same sex marriage thread, not an open discussion

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (05-04-2012),hopefully2  (05-04-2012),kriista  (05-04-2012)