View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Just my opinion. I can't get my head around the same sex concept tbh. I believe for a huge percent of people it is a choice. And once that choice is made I believe you have to live with the consequences regarding the way things stand which is that same sex marriage is not legal and I don't believe it should be changed! Same applies for same sex couples having children, I just don't think it's right for a child to have 2 mums or 2 dads, they need a mum and dad, it's the way god intended.
    I can assure you that the quality of my life improved greatly when I had two males parenting me, compared to my mother and father parenting me. People don't need a mother or a father- just respectable and responsible role models to love and care for them. What difference does the gender make?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

naebie  (05-04-2012),RobinSparkles  (05-04-2012),trishalishous  (05-04-2012),Witwicky  (05-04-2012)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    rant alert .. lol

It honestly blows my mind that in 2012 people are still against same sex relationships ... I just dont understand why? If its CONSENSUAL .. and its making people happy .. what is so wrong with it?? its not hurting anyone else - they wouldn't be happy in a heterosexual relationship .. so why expect them to lie to a partner .. when you can be honest and happy with someone else??

I personally do not believe that its a choice to be gay - I have a long term friend (was the best man at our wedding) and I've had many a chats with him, and he has said that by the age of about 9 he just knew that he was different ..

why is this an issue??? .. it really is discrimination .. if someone was 'different' because they were a different race .. and we said no marriage - there would be outrage ... if someone was different because they had a disability .. and we said no marriage the media would be all over it .. but because someone is different because they love someone other than who they are "suppose to" - they cant get married and its all ok???

imo its discrimination to state that two independent adults can not get married .. and if it affected me personally I would be upset. If either of my boys are gay I hope it still not an issue when they are grown up ..

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (05-04-2012),MuminMind  (05-04-2012),RobinSparkles  (05-04-2012),trishalishous  (05-04-2012),Witwicky  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I support it. Everyone should have the right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I do support it

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I can assure you that the quality of my life improved greatly when I had two males parenting me, compared to my mother and father parenting me. People don't need a mother or a father- just respectable and responsible role models to love and care for them. What difference does the gender make?
    Well said! With all the focus these days, on not locking children into gender stereotypes ("Oh no Son, pink/fairies/Dolls are for girls!") it astoundes me that some people still think there are male and female roles!\
    My DH does lots of "womens work" the only jobs thats exclusively mine, based on gender, is breastfeeding, since DH isnt lactating!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Two people who love each other and want to make a commitment to each other should be allowed to marry - what does it matter what genitals they have? Even if sexuality was 100% choice, why would this change anything? We're talking about 2 consenting adults! The biggest issue I have with marriage is that it can take as little as 31 days to get married! (By contrast it would usually take a minumum of 15 months to get divorced). 31 days!! Personally I'd like to see some changes to make it more difficult for anyone to get married (ie, make the process longer). I just don't get why some people are against it, it doesn't affect you, what's the issue? The couple would be living together anyway, they are just 'making it legal'.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Two people who love each other and want to make a commitment to each other should be allowed to marry - what does it matter what genitals they have? Even if sexuality was 100% choice, why would this change anything? We're talking about 2 consenting adults! The biggest issue I have with marriage is that it can take as little as 31 days to get married! (By contrast it would usually take a minumum of 15 months to get divorced). 31 days!! Personally I'd like to see some changes to make it more difficult for anyone to get married (ie, make the process longer). I just don't get why some people are against it, it doesn't affect you, what's the issue? The couple would be living together anyway, they are just 'making it legal'.
    SUCH a great point! The argument actually isn't about whether or not being gay is a choice...because its irrelevant!! I'd still support 2 people making a commitment even if being gay was a choice (which it clearly isn't!)
    God is SO handy to use to hide behind ignorance!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeDWq...e_gdata_player

All I can post without getting a lifetime ban.
    His speech brought me to tears!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How absolutely insulting to children of same sex parents (and single parents!) to be of the belief that children need a "mum" and a "dad".
    Bluergh.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (05-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (05-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (05-04-2012),Plan A  (05-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (05-04-2012),Witwicky  (05-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    How absolutely insulting to children of same sex parents (and single parents!) to be of the belief that children need a "mum" and a "dad".
    Bluergh.
    I know a lesbian couple and their children are much better off without their dad, and the bio mums partner is an awesome parent!