View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    There are some couples that don't wish to have any children for lots of reasons. That makes their union no less valued/real or important.

Yes when I married my husband after 6 years of defacto I partly married him bc he's the one I planned to have a family with. But I married him first and foremost bc I love him and we share the same values and interests.

Marriage isn't just for procreation....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (25-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (25-03-2012),SassyMummy  (25-03-2012)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    the question is "dp you support the right for same-sex couples to marry.

Please answer the question ... not attack or insult other members because of their answer.

It is fine to discuss broad concepts and social issues - but please remember that others are as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours. Insulting them for it is not on.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

elleseetee  (25-03-2012),Gruffalo  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting topic, I read
    Most replies, iv never really known what to answer. After thinking about it, legally- yeh sure, go for it.
    Me personally- I believe marriage is between God, man & woman, before they have sex and live together, therefore making it a faith/religious belief, that no, they shudnt. And a lot of other people(men & women) probably shouldn't get married either!

I'm very happy to agree to disagree with ppl. Doesn't make
    Me think less of them for their choices, I just don't agree.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bet3 For This Useful Post:

elleseetee  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleseetee View Post
    Not every time we have se.x, but yes, I can do it with that intention...
    Ok so your arguement is only that you can have babies and that a same sex couples can not? Right? It's not based on religion.

Im not attacking you I just want to understand your POV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I think you have misunderstood me. I did not preclude gay people from marriage in a legal sense. I just don't think they will fulfill the soulful union of procreation which is what marriage means to me.
    I have a family member who is in a same sex relationship and they have a one year old and believe me she has fulfilled the soulful union of procreation. I have never met two people more made for each other and I think their daughter is blessed to have two such amazing mummies. Should she have stayed with the manipulative, controlling a'hole she was with before her current relationship so she could fulfill your 'ideal' marriage?
    That would have been awesome.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (25-03-2012),peoniesarepretty  (25-03-2012),shelle65  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think some people need to do a simple google of the word "marriage"... maybe even look at the history of marriage.

It is a binding contract - that is pretty much it.

- and THEN you can add all your personal bits and pieces to it to make it special for you...

Humans have concealed ovulation - we don't just couple of to have se x to make babies. We have se x for satisfaction, to build relationships, to bond etc.
    Some people are born with the innate desire to do it the opposite sex, some the same sex, and others are quite happy to share the love with either.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    I have a family member who is in a same sex relationship and they have a one year old and believe me she has fulfilled the soulful union of procreation. I have never met two people more made for each other and I think their daughter is blessed to have two such amazing mummies. Should she have stayed with the manipulative, controlling a'hole she was with before her current relationship so she could fulfill your 'ideal' marriage?
    That would have been awesome.

I happen to know these amazing women... They ARE awesome!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Hootenanny  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read any of the thread so I will just reply to the OP. but yes, I totally and 100% support same sex marriage. I can think of a single reason for me not to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just read about The Mosuo Women.. they have 'walking marriages'

--seriously our world is fascinating!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Just read up on the walking marriage and wow. While it wouldn't be for me, it makes a lot of sense on many levels. No divorce, no issues of property splitting, custody (as the child always stays in the woman's extended family). It means the girls don't leave the family so they can care for the elderly.

Very interesting
    Last edited by delirium; 25-03-2012 at 19:02.