+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default To keep or sell baby clothes?

I kept quite a few of DS1's baby clothes, but even though we had a DS2 they were born in opposite seasons and both were in size 1's by four months, so I only got to use one item (a singlet ) that I had stored.

Now I have shelves of 0000, 000, 00 and 0 clothes and am trying to decide if I should keep them or sell them.

We do plan on having 1-2 more kids, but I'd like another three year gap before the next one and can't help thinking it's unlikely I'll have another boy born in the same season.

So what do you think? Keep a cupboard full of baby clothes or sell and buy what you need for a new child at the time??

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You could always sell all of it, and put the money aside for next bubs wardrobe? Maybe keep things that could be used for either gender or season.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had 3 kids in 3.5 years. My first 2 were girls and after I had my 20 week scan and saw that DS was a boy I started to pass on clothes to friends.
    My DD's are 19 months apart, and because my first was a big bubba and my 2nd a wee one I actually got to re-use clothes that I never expected to.
    But now that we are DONE with babies, I'm selling or passing on DS's clothes as he grows out of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would keep gender non specific items and things that can be used in all seasons (singlets, socks, bibs, ect) and sell the rest. Im kinda dissapointed I gave away so much of my ds stuff which was barely used and am now having another but they will be born in different seasons anyways

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You only get a fraction of the cost of clothes back if you sell them, so if you sell a lot, you won't be able to afford anywhere near that many with that money.

I just kept all of my ds's clothes cause we planned on 3 - 4 kids. Plans have changed & we've stopped at 2 and our 2nd is a dd. Now, I look at the clothes and I had clothes stored that I didn't like and quite a few that were in poor condition. I really should have culled those clothes before storing them. I'd say be ruthless & get rid of clothes that you don't like (for whatever reason) and clothes that don't have much wear left. There's no point in keeping those clothes.

I found that size 0000 to 00 clothes were somewhat gender neutral (not completely), so I'm glad I kept my ds's clothes from those sizes cause I did use a lot of the gender neutral stuff, eventhough dd was born in September and ds in January. I'm now looking at the size 0 & above and realising I can use very little for my dd. But, if she'd been a boy I would have used a lot of it. There's almost 5 years between kiddies but I'm glad I kept the clothes. If you want more kids I'd keep most of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kept all of dd's clothes as my mil stored them for us.

I'm so glad I did!! We are expecting another Dd in the same month and we have 6 boxes of clothes for her!!!

Bfp!!! Little bug due 25/6/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to agree with PP. I would only giveaway or sell things you disliked and keep the rest. Have just done exactly that myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am keeping any item of DD's wardrobe that is special and I'm planning on paying someone to cut squares one day and make a quilt. Am planning on giving it to her for a special older birthday, or her wedding maybe.

The other stuff I'm not sure. Will keep it in case we need for a possible future DD, or maybe give away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm keeping all mine only because I want a 3rd sometime soon. :-)