+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dying to tell someone!

I'm a brand new first time Mumma (only 3 weeks pregnant) and sooooo excited but DH and I have decided not to tell anyone until 12 weeks so I thought I'd share it on this forum.
    Is anyone else in this position? Or has been? How did you get through the waiting period? Also my birthday is coming up and I'm worried people will catch on when they see me without a beer in my hand. Any ideas of how to handle this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats! I also found at 3 weeks. Which was only last week lol.
    I've told family but won't be telling friends just yet, I doubt I'll make it to 12 weeks though lol.
    As for the no drinking, tell them you're on medication/antibiotics that reacts badly with alcohol.
    Also what beer do you drink? If its from a can or dark bottle put soft drink in an empty can/bottle and nobody will know the difference

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Me too!!!!!!! Dying to let cat out of the bag. We had a miscarriage before so now we feel to hold back a bit but I want to scream it out!!!!!!! Haha.
    Also finding it hard to hide it when I'm running past colleagues classrooms (I'm a teacher) to pee every five minutes. I'm four weeks. It's soooo early. Own known two days but already going crazy not telling people!!!
    Congrats by the way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations ladies!!! Very exciting

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FingersxCrossed For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out at about 4 weeks, told immediate family at 7.5 weeks (after a dating scan) and waited until 11.5 weeks to tell friends. We did both find it hard not to talk about it when we were around friends etc, but having severe nausea/vomiting meant I barely saw anyone during that period, so didn't have to deal with it too often :P

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats!!!!!!

We had to tell close family and friends at 5 weeks as I had my hens night. Needless to say my hens night changed dramatically lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkandSandy For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats. Yip tell them your taking Metronidazole- it's the only antibiotic you can't drink with as it will give you the hangover from hell. It's commonly used for dental infections/tooth abcess if you really want a good excuse. Yay for you both!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Love these tips on how to hide it.
    Any tips on hiding it at work when I've stopped drinking coffee (and everyone knows I'm a coffee addict, always have one a day which doesn't seem like much but everyone is used to seeing me walk in with it in my hands!) or running to the toilet every five minutes to pee?!?!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimMum86 View Post
    I'm a brand new first time Mumma (only 3 weeks pregnant) and sooooo excited but DH and I have decided not to tell anyone until 12 weeks so I thought I'd share it on this forum.
    Is anyone else in this position? Or has been? How did you get through the waiting period? Also my birthday is coming up and I'm worried people will catch on when they see me without a beer in my hand. Any ideas of how to handle this??
    Congrats !! time will go quickly, believe me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats, what an exciting time!

We told everyone immediately, we decided that if we miscarried or anything went wrong that we had the support and understanding of all our family and friends. It worked for us... You must do what works best for you guys as a couple. Good luck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LuvBug For This Useful Post:

SwimMum86  (24-03-2012)