+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PE symptoms (34 weeks)

Hi everyone

I had ANC Wednesday and ob noted I have PE symptoms along with baby 3/5 engaged I am currently 34+2 weeks

what could be causing the constant headaches given I have no protein in my urine so not PE just yet? But bp is creeping up!? Was 126/97 at last ANC visit, that is after 500mg of methdolpa 2 (250mg tabs)

I have been taking panadol and berroca no relief at all :/ I am taking this because(constant headaches and feeling Sick cause of the headaches)?!

should I follow this up with GP or Ob clinic on Monday ? Ob asked if I had blurry vision on Wednesday at the time ,I didn't .....that arvo the headache returned and hasn't left?! I have a history of PE all babies delivered before 38 weeks due to this I have been on meds since 21 weeks and bp rising now on them?!

But was noted I am having PE symptoms?? :/ confused

Any advice welcome? I shouldn't feel sick with headaches constantly should I? I wake about 3 times a night to take pain relief and throughout the day is required I am worried that it can't be good for bubs

Btw this is my fourth baby x

Sent via the iPhone as I am lazy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You don't always have protein in your urine when you're in the early stages of PE. I would definitely get this followed up at your Ob appt on Monday. You don't want to leave it. Could be nothing, but at least then you know it's nothing. But given your history, it's best to get it checked out. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the feedback ladies

I will call up Monday and see someone about my concerns and suggest a 24hr urine test

In regards to my resting bp the MW asked ob do u want me to redo the bp again he said what do u think? She said I took correctly and that he said seems fine to me, and it's expected due to happen about now??!

But I Am worried due to past and constant headaches I will call up Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was induced for high bp at 38 weeks and my ob told me that any headaches which don't go away with panadol I needed to go in ASAP. Personally I would rather err on the side of caution. You dont just need to
    have protein in your wee for PE to be starting. I was on 1000 mg of methyldopa and 60mg nifedepine and never had protein so was never technically PE but always on the edge of it, my bp was always around 140/110 and sometimes more.
    Last edited by babyla; 23-03-2012 at 17:55.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Thatishowlifegoes  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I think ANC were wrong as there is no PE.
    Just seen doctor (gp) protein was clear bp was 120/85 headaches due to hormones gave me pandeine forte and maxlon glad nothing serious bubs heartbeat 150 bpm and 3/5 engaged still