+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Music!

I am completely lazy and HATE tidying, I hate it, I hate it with a passion, but when DH goes out and DD is at school, that is MY time to put on my favourite CD's at full volume and sing till my hearts content as im tidying.

I hardly even notice im tidying up. I can get my whole kitchen and living room done by the times Avril Lavigne finishes, then I allow myself a break. For the bathrooms it has to be a bit of Marilyn Manson!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (24-03-2012),MissMuppet  (23-03-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oo oo oo, pick me, pick me. I'm crap but I am getting better. I set myself a new way of doing things - One weekend I cleaned the kitchen completely and thoroughly and then set about keeping it clean for a week to give the habit a chance to settle in, and to get used to the feeling of coming out in the mrning to clear benches and an empty sink, next I did the lounge room and maintained that for a week to add that habit to the kitchen one and the next week the dining room, so this week I am adding DD's room. It could all come tumbling down at any moment but I am doing my best and it is certainly better.

I also put away a lot of DD's stuff because when I looked at all of her toys, seh regularly plays with less than half of them and the sheer volume of them meant she was just overwhelmed by toys.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

speckled  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiesmum View Post
    Unfortunately I need to be hard on myself as most of the things you said above I don't do. I don't study or work, my hubby helps a little and i hate cooking so only feed the kids what i can muster up. the kitchen is the bit I hate most don't know why but I hate doing dishes and I hate cooking. I swear I was meant to be a man (not saying men don't do housework) because I would so rather work everyday then be a housewife and look after kids, I just don't think I was programmed that way!
    Could you be a bit depressed? Just your description of wanting to curl up in a ball...? Maybe being back at work or doing something else a couple of days a week would help you get a bit more motivated? I find I'm a bit more organised now that I'm studying, not sure why since I have LESS time at home, but I do think its helped me be a tiny bit more on top of things.

Like PP said, I also try and get as much done as I can when I have the energy, like after I drop the older two at school, I try and at least do the dishwasher, benches, put a load of washing on etc. Even though the house is still a mess, at least I got a few things done, coz I know by the afternoon I'll be too tired and can't be bothered. I used to leave the dishes overnight etc, but then I decided that is the ONE thing I HAVE to do before bed, regardless of how tired I am, so I do all that straight after dinner so its all done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm good at running errands and doing the food shopping... It stops there! My house is a constant mess, we're always late and I manage to fit in the gym but I feel like its at the expense of the other things... I hate it, I still haven't been 'on top' of things for 6yrs!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is a case of will anyone even notice? Occasionally my df will come home and slap me on the bum and say "house looks clean babe" Lmao !!

We built our house and I honestly thought having a new house, I could "maintain" it and it would never get too messy! With a toddler, it is near impossible to stay tidy for more than an hour!

I find the best way to tidy up is, pick up and put all the "stuff" into a washing basket and put on the table. Hoover and mop then sort through the basket and put everything in it's place.

I'm def going to start culling dd's toys and rotate them. Fab idea!

Now to climb over the mountains of clean washing in the laundry that need's folding and putting away by far the worst part for me !!

My name is princessC and I am a crap housewife !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *puts hand up*

Yep, I'm a lousy housewife too by traditional standards. I clean, but mess is a constant battle and although I wash every day I can't seem to make a dint in the scary, dirty washing pile, and my windows are never clean. And I just burnt dinner, lol.

But I cook nutritious meals every day, I budget like a hero, power through the homework hour, get the kids to school on time looking presentable, study part time, stay up all night with the kids when they're sick, paint with them, garden with them and am learning an instrument.

Perhaps start by looking at what you do do, not the things you don't. If you seriously do want more motivation though, then write a list of things you would like to do. Is there anything you've always wanted to do? learn music, horse riding, painting?. I've found taking up a new hobby raises my energy levels all round and then I use it to motivate me to clean. Like: clean Friday, then Friday night I reward myself with violin practice, or reading my favourite book.

I also suspect if you list all the things you do do, you'll be pleasantly surprised and won't feel so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    *puts hand up*

Yep, I'm a lousy housewife too by traditional standards. I clean, but mess is a constant battle and although I wash every day I can't seem to make a dint in the scary, dirty washing pile, and my windows are never clean. And I just burnt dinner, lol.

But I cook nutritious meals every day, I budget like a hero, power through the homework hour, get the kids to school on time looking presentable, study part time, stay up all night with the kids when they're sick, paint with them, garden with them and am learning an instrument.

Perhaps start by looking at what you do do, not the things you don't. If you seriously do want more motivation though, then write a list of things you would like to do. Is there anything you've always wanted to do? learn music, horse riding, painting?. I've found taking up a new hobby raises my energy levels all round and then I use it to motivate me to clean. Like: clean Friday, then Friday night I reward myself with violin practice, or reading my favourite book.

I also suspect if you list all the things you do do, you'll be pleasantly surprised and won't feel so bad.
    You sound like you get a lot done! I just had I laugh at rewarding yourself with violin practice lol. That would be on my list of chores, no rewards It's amazing what each of us considers a chore or reward.

I'm a little bit too nuts as far as housework goes ... My husband would much prefer I relaxed! I just find having the house clean and tidy so satisfying that I just don't stop. He gets a bit irritated when I'm cleaning around him when he's trying to do something.

I'm not a housewife so I don't really belong here, but something that made a huge difference to me was when we bought a house. Before we bought I really didn't care so much, I just didn't have pride in our home. Something very weird snapped once we signed that contract and I became this crazy cleaning lady! I think it was just the pride and the fact that with the amount we pay into our mortgage every week I want the house to look good!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to reply later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post

I'm a little bit too nuts as far as housework goes ... My husband would much prefer I relaxed! I just find having the house clean and tidy so satisfying that I just don't stop. He gets a bit irritated when I'm cleaning around him when he's trying to do something.

!
    I would love to be like that. I often wished I was like Monica from friends and actually cleaned for stress relief. I think my DH would love me to be like that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's not that I'm not a good housewife, it's just that DF prefers to do it and is probably better at it.