+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Redundancy Vent

Aparently centrelink break the full payment down into what my usual work pay rate is, to translate redundancy figure into a length of time (they refer to this as IMP). For that period of time they don't apply my payments as if I were still earning that amount, but they entirely remove my benefits.

So this means I'd loose my pension card. In adition to this, a redundancy payout takes me over the threshhold for healthcare card ($46k in a year), and I think it might also remove my family tax.

So I'd have to live on ONLY redundancy, for the period that my pay would have taken to reach the payout figure, despite the fact that it's currently recognised as not enough to live on, and as such gets supplemented by PPS and FTB A and B.

SSSSSOOOOOOOOO, If I don't get one of the replacement roles, I have to take ANYTHING that they offer, regardless of the income, cause otherwise I have to live on LESS than if I had never been employed, and I would need to do it without concessions.

Vent Over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we just went through exactly the same thing. I'm only glad that DH starts his new job next week so we are ok now. Hope things work out for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm going to push for that as much as I can. Really sux cause we were already being underpaid.

Missiemack- perhaps we'll both be corporate paid in medial roles

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    That sucks, really, that's terrible! It's insane!
    Let me know if you want some help or advice with your CV

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As far as I am aware you can definitely accept a lower paid role but would be paid the lower salary. A wage is given for a position not for a person if you know what I mean. They would not pay a CEO who chose to be a cleaner $1M for example!

Very frustrating situation to be in. I hope you can get a comparable role.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Sadly it's my understanding too. If I don't want what they offer me, at the salary they offer me, I take redundancy. But we know why that won't happen for me.

I basically have to take anything. I'm applying for some great roles that I know I can do. I just have to hope that I'm one of the best of the applicants cause thats what it comes down to in the end

*~Thank goodness for my phone...It is my sanity & excuse for most things~*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes good point, are you covered by an award and could your union help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I wish there were. They would have to place me in an equivelant role with no disadvantage, but now there IS no equivelant. So my choice is take an 'offer' of anything or get redundancy. For most of my team redundancy is a great option, but it's not for me.