+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone's child not responded to discipline at all!?

I am going insane, I am scared I am going to snap.
    I have almost 3 year old twins who at the moment are unbearable! They are clingy, demanding and being very naughty at the moment.
    I have tried 1,2,3 magic, reward charts, smacking, talking to them calmly to tell them how their behavior makes me feel and putting them in time out. Nothing works!
    I am sick to death of cleaning all the time because they can climb onto kitchen benches (open plan can't block off) and undo locks, they throw food everywhere (including meal times) and every time they go to the toilet they spread toothpaste and toilet paper everywhere.
    They are constantly back chatting and when I put them in time out they will scream hysterically until I let them out. The longest being 15 minutes.
    It is impossible for me to sit down with them all day everyday and watch their every move.
    I can't take them in public without my DF or Mum because they run off or scream hysterically in the pram.
    They don't have day sleeps and are starting their night terrors again.
    I am exhausted, and being almost 5 weeks pregnant isn't helping.

Can somebody please suggest something!? Is anyone else's child like this? Thinking of contacting my local CHN.

Asking for support and advice only not judgement on any of the methods I've tried, if anyone wants to comment negatively then leave the thread thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got no advice sorry, you arent alone. My DS is 20months and just plain ignores me sometimes, FRUSTRATING!! i just wanted to offer you some

Thanks
    Reviews
    hugs hugs hugs
    nothing works for ds 8yo either. never has. he has asd though.

one word. diet
    no colours not even natural ones they are the worst. no preservatives. no additives. check out failsafe diet by sue dengate. makes an ENORMOUS difference on all my kids.
    hugs
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

smootch  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    also if u do investigate diet keep in mind that a lot of stuff can stay in their system for up to a few weeks. so its not always as simple as thinking well they only ate healthy stuff the last few hours so it can't be diet kwim ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    id try diet as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks, I'll definitely be looking into it. Wouldn't have thought about diet at all, thank god for BubHub!
    We have food allergies so they don't have anything with lactose or sulphites (220) in it but didn't think about other things.
    They're good about eating healthy foods so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    I've got no advice sorry, you arent alone. My DS is 20months and just plain ignores me sometimes, FRUSTRATING!! i just wanted to offer you some
    Thank you, very frustrating lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Thank you, very frustrating lol
    They look so peaceful in your avatar!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    They look so peaceful in your avatar!
    Don't be fooled! They are very deceiving lol. They are angels at both of their Grandparents places, it makes me out to be crazy or lying lol.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mum2b09. I just picked up on your comment, that they are well behaved at granparents place.?? Could there be somethng there? do they get total attention to each one, while with the grandparents?? and then when it only mum, she cant control both of us so lets just go to town. ?? At the age of three they should be able to entertain themselves for a good while, without getting up to mischief. Perhaps you need to take a different stance. Give them your total attention, but in short doses, and see how long youcan go without having to correct their behaviour.?? I dont think I spent too much of my time entertaining the little ones, but I did have to have eyes in the back of my head. hugs, Marie.