+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice Please: Birth Centre? Know your Midwife? Angliss? Box Hill?

Hello Ladies
    I'm new to Bub Hub and am doing some research before we get pregnant, but I'm not getting very far. I am interested in giving birth in a birth centre, even though you can only stay for 24 hours, I like the sound of everything else. Also interested in the "Know your midwife program". Would love to hear recommendations etc. I am wondering if these places offer info sessions? And how soon do you have to book in once you are pregnant? (I hear they are popular) I tried to ring one of them for more info but she pretty much said not to worry about it until I get pregnant and the websites dont mention anything.
    would love to hear from those of you who have been there.

By the way I'm in Vic, I think Box Hill, the Angliss are my options

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth in a birth centre 6 weeks ago and loved it. Will definetely be doing the same for number 2. My birth centre send people home after 4-6 hours if all is well. I actually went home after 2! I had an uncomplicated birth and it was 1am so I was happy to go home to my own bed. My midwife was at my house at 10am the next day and I had 3 weeks of support from her following my daughters birth. If you have an uncomplicated pregnancy I'd definetely go a birthing centre. My experience was beautiful :-) good luck with ttc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where do you live, as they are zoned, which one you go to will depend on your location. I love the birth centre and know-your-midwife models, good choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad you liked it mrsbunton Where did you go?

Annabella I live in Surrey Hills at the moment, though if we buy a house we will be moving further east, in the croydon part of the world. I spoke to the Mercy too they sound nice. Have you or do you know anyone who based used both the know your ,midwife program and the birth centre? Do you have a centre that you would recommend over another?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im from Newcastle so went to Belmont Hospital
    Whats the know your midwife program?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a program where you have all of your appointments with any one in the same team of midwives (Max 4 to a team
    ) and when you give birth someone from your team will attend the birth so that way you are usually only dealing with one or two midwives from start to finish and you know them, it's a personal touch, but u have to sign up for the program

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys, I don't know much about this but am also from the Eastern Suburbs area and would love to find out more about this Mid wife program, how does it work? Thank you x

Sorry JoeyJo, just saw your latest reply. Is it the same midwives you see throughout the whole pregnancy? appointments from start to birth?
    Last edited by MissyJane; 03-01-2013 at 21:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you see the same group/team of midwives throughout the pregnancy and one will attend you at the birth. Ive heard a lot of positive things about it also that it's popopular so u need to book early. I know box hill do it not sure about anywhere else. I ended up going private now, unfortunately they don't do it it the private system, as the midwives will be with you for more of the birth than your ob. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Advice Please: Birth Centre? Know your Midwife? Angliss? Box Hill?

With ds2 I started in the 'know your midwife' program at box hill. Unfortunately I found out I definitely had to have a cs at my 36 week us but I got to see the same midwife every visit up to that point.
    At box hill if there is a qualified mw on at the time so you can have a water birth.
    I found them to be extremely supportive.
    I have no experience with the Angliss as I had ds1 at the women's but given a choice I will have my next at box hill.