+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waking at 3am after sleeping through for 2months...

Just wanting a bit of advice here.

My DS is 4months old and has been sleeping through since 9weeks old.
    In the past week he has started to wake at 2-3am every night. The first 2 nights I was able to resettle him but after that I have had to feed him. I know once a night at 4months is great but Im such a grumpy person if I dont get enough sleep.

He is bottle fed (has been since birth) and there are no problems feeding.

Im wondering if solids maybe a go?

Our routine is this: well hopefully like this most days

6am wake up
    7am bottle
    8am sleep for a hour or 2
    11am bottle
    12pm sleep
    3pm bottle
    4pm sleep only for a hour
    7pm bottle and bed not long after
    9pmish dreamfeed (which he is no longer drinking all of)

them 3am bottle..... no nappy change and straight back to bed

Any advice on what I can do to help him sleep the night again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is not much you can do but wait it out. Respond to his needs and it will solve itself. Keep doing what you are doing, he will sleep through again when he is ready. He might be having a growth spurt. Four months is also a really common time for sleep habits to change. There is a "wonder week" around this time where they are learning heaps of new stuff which can affect their sleep. Last of all thank your lucky stars you got a sleeper! I hope he goes back to sleeping all night for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's pretty common at around 4 months for sleep to change. My DD started doing the same around that age. Unfortunately her sleep just got worse from there, eventually waking up hourly. It's slowly getting better now.

You know that he can sleep through, so just keep up with the same bedtime routine, and hopefully this stage doesn't last too long for you. I found the best way to get through it is to expect the worst, but hope for the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD slept through now at 4 months wakes hourly. Sleep definitely changes at 4 months

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.
    I know Im lucky I got a sleeper, I just am terrible when I get woken in the night. I take atleast a hour to get back to sleep, so that 30min bottle turns into 1 1/2hours for me

becclesm what feed did you introduce the Farex after? And how much did you give him?

I tried Farex and a bit of apple after his 11am bottle today and he didnt take to it. But it was his first taste of 'food' so didnt expect much.

Atleast DD at 19months has no problems sleeping. If she did I would be in a nut house by now lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    This could be happening for a few reasons,

- your baby may be getting hungry, and may need to start solids. I did this with my first two starting rice cereal at 4 months.

- your baby may be teething this can be happening from 3 months onwards.

- your baby just gets more active and is feeding more

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    My bub started waking twice a night at 4 months to be fed. Once I started Farex at night he went back to only waking once a night.
    So maybe its time to start solids