+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default After birth related

Hello I had my beautiful little boy 4 months ago and about a month and a half ago I am having problems with my bowel movements I don't want to sound gross but during my labour I was cut as I was starting to tear which may have something to do with it. Now when I go to the toilet it hurts and feels like bowel movements are really sharp etc. I was wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this and if anyone could offer any help etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure but is possibly haemmoroids (I'm sure that isn't spelt properly) or anal fissure? They are so common after pregnancy and give a very sharp pain and sometimes blood when moving bowels?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I am imagining I would need to go to the doctor about this then? Or is there other things like exercise and taking fibre and drinking lots of water that might help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's a fairly common condition but I would maybe go to the GP if you aren't sure that's what it is. The chemist can give you some creams etc or there are plenty of home remedies you can google.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Go to the chemist and ask for suppositories, gelatin I think is the one. I had the same thing after DD was born, so I used the suppositories as a way to allow the fissures (or haemorrhoids) to heal as they soften everything that passes through. Oh and if you use them, I'd recommend buying some water based lubricant and disposable latex gloves, makes the process a bit cleaner and easier. They work very quickly, so make sure you're home and near the toilet when you use them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It could definitely be an anal fissure if it feels like a sharp pain or even just a bit of scar tissue from where you tore/cut that is still sensitive as it's only been 4 months on. Make sure you are getting enough hydration, so plenty of water to drink and plenty of fibre so that your stools aren't too hard, as this will put pressure on that area and you don't need that.

As a pp stated, you could try suppositories, some Metamucil (or the like) for more fibre and stool softeners like Coloxyl (temporarily) till you feel things are improving.
    Otherwise, as embarassing as it is, although very common so health providers don't bat an eyelid, go and get your perenium/anal area etc checked by a GP to see what exactly could be causing the discomfort.

Guest Guest
    Yes I had the same thing, it was hemoroids and an anal fissure (was just a small graze)
    I used a cream from the chemist (can't remember the name) it healed the fissure very quickly and that's what caused the sharp pain. But the heamoroids took abit longer.