+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mixing formula

Hi all formula feeders.

Just curious as to how your making your formula up? Are you following the directions in the tin exactly? Or changing it to suit your situation somehow? My health nurse suggested making a batch and decanting what we need, does anyone do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    Yeah we do make up the bottles according to the instructions but you can definately make up a batch in a jug and decant as you like. For us we make up a days worth of bottles and keep them in the fridge ready to go. If I'm going out I'll just take a bottle of cooled down boiled water and add the formula when I need it. I guess it's whatever works for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to just have the bottles ready with the cooled boiled water in them, that way we could warm them up in the microwave and then add the formula as needed - worked for us

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sjay For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep bottles with half the water measurement in the fridge & at feeding time, boil the kettle add the other half of boiling water to the refrigerated water and it comes out perfect temperature.

I have the formula pre-measured in a dispenser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    I keep bottles with half the water measurement in the fridge & at feeding time, boil the kettle add the other half of boiling water to the refrigerated water and it comes out perfect temperature.
    I do this as well, makes it so much easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post

I have the formula pre-measured in a dispenser.
    Yep I do this too. Took me a while to work out it was quicker for me to boil the kettle than wait for the bottle to heat up.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When both babies were newborns we would make bottles up twice a day, in the morning we would make enough to get us through the day then at night we would make enough to go thru till morning, and that worked for us, but then DD needed a thicker formula that we couldn't make in advance so then we started making them as we went, and were told we could use filtered water microwaved instead of cool boiled (she was about 3/4 months so not new new born) we then started to use a formula container to measure out her feeds then just added the pre measured formula to the warmed bottles (a lot easier in the middle of the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to just make up flasks for the day and keep them in the fridge, and then decant into bottles as and when. If I was super organised then I'd make up flasks, tip into bottles, and have them all ready to go in the fridge.