+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When did you start with solids

So everything I read says start at 6 months but I'm wondering if everyone's following this. Did you start earlier or later? How did you know your bub was ready for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    6 months with DD - but she wasn't into it until 8-9 months. We did purees etc..
    5.5 months with DS1 - we did BLW. He ate a piece of roast pumpkin as his first food!

In terms of being ready, I made sure they could sit with good neck control, had lost their tongue thrust reflex, were interested in people eating around them and had their pincer grip happening - this is why BLW is so great (Baby Led Weaning)

The recommendation has gone back to from 4months now, but I'd still wait for the above signs and we'll do BLW with DS2
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 22-03-2012 at 23:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just started my DS on solids yesterday and he is 21 weeks. We tried a couple of weeks ago but he just spat it straight out so I figured when he was ready he would eat! He has also been making mouthing motions (like chewing?) only started with rice cereal for this week and will try something else next week

Similar Threads

1. When did you start you LO on solids?
    By French Pear in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 11:47
  2. When to start solids?
    By 2ndtimemumma in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-06-2012, 19:58
  3. How do you know when to start solids
    By tayasmummy in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 8