+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy I'm really missing my DH :(

You would think I would be used to this by now, but I don't think I will ever get used to this I have 5 nights to go (including tonight) and I am just not coping at all. Things are getting really difficult and I just need him. I spoke to him about half an hour ago and the sat phone kept cutting out I do get a bit worried about him too. Tonight he was telling me about what him and the other guy saw out there (there are only 2 of them out there at the moment) I know it was only a min min light but they were both a bit freaked out, I can just imagine. My Grandpa used to tell me about the Min Mins and he was out in the bush his whole life and he reckons they are pretty spooky. Poor DH he's getting pretty upset being away from us too - he just wants to be home. I am getting to the point where I may just have to chain him to the verandah or something when it comes time for him to go again. I think I am starting to lose it a bit, normal everyday tasks are becomming harder and harder to do (eg cleaning, taking DS1 to school), I can't sleep - I just lay awake all night and then I might nod off just on daylight but I'm totally exhausted. I only get sleep when DH is home. I think I'm really lonely - I just need someone to talk to. Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw, that sounds like its so hard for you! I would be lonely too , I'm not in a situation like you are but couldn't read and not reply! Hope things get better for you soon tho! Big hugs xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amiexox For This Useful Post:

Ready To Run  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiexox View Post
    Aw, that sounds like its so hard for you! I would be lonely too , I'm not in a situation like you are but couldn't read and not reply! Hope things get better for you soon tho! Big hugs xo

Thankyou I am just wishing DH was here, I'm just so upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Does he have much time off when he gets back? I hope the time passes quickly for you

BTW, what's a min min light?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing i can say will make you feel better so just sending big hugs!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkandSandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has 5 days off then he is gone again It just never seems like long enough

A min min light is an unexplained light that occurs in the Channel Country in QLD (where we are) Google it - Boulia will come up but we are a bit further south.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aw big hugs huh! My partner is doing extra swings away at the moment though I am lucky I can call him whenever he is on shift I hate when you can't talk to them do u have much IRL contact with adults?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Ready To Run  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awww five days isn't enough have you got plans for his time off? I find making plans helps me deal with my anxiety.

Fingers crossed the next 4 days passes quickly for you
    And thanks for the min min explanation!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It is hard having a DH work away, i've been doing it 8 years and i still have my moments where it seems all too much.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with MothersMilk it doesn't matter how long you have been doing it for it sux! My DH is in the Navy but basically doing FIFO (8 weeks away 4 weeks home -but working during those 4 weeks) and you are right the home time is never long enough.

One thing I do it make mini goals to look forward to each week - this week I am looking forward to going to the craft fair with my mum on Saturday but often it is just looking forward to a glass of wine on a friday night or a TV show on a week night - I download things these days so I look forward to DL the new show and each new episode is 1 week closer to him being home - but I usually have it sussed so there is a new show or activity each day so I have something to do of an evening as I find that is the worst time once the kids are in bed and the house it quiet. I also try to call friends and family of an evening too - it gives me adult contact and passes the time as well.
    Do you have someone who could come for a sleep over - I find I sleep better with someone else in the house (another set of ears on the kids) or go to someones for a sleepover with the kids.

Hugs

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Seacretsquirrel For This Useful Post: