+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely. DS has heaps of pink things, it's one of his favourite colours. I hate the whole gender stereotype bullcrud for colours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldnt have any issues at all even sending it while he is at school. He has cottoned on that pink is for girls and blue for boys but he prefers green anyway and only i can have pink as its my favourite colour as he says.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tbh I'm a bit chicken lol I'd be scared he would get picked on so no I probably wouldn't. Terrible hey?? I always tell my son boys can like pink etc but he goes for blue and green usually.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like to think that I would but no I probably wouldn't.

I encourage my son to play with all types of toys and I tell him all the time that boys and girls can do the same things (he often says that only boys can drive race cars or today he told me only boys can fly a helicopter so I corrected him) but sending him to school with a pink lunch box/school bag etc doesn't sit comfortably with me as kids can be so cruel and I want to save him from all the teasing that I can.

I appreciate that this way of thinking is wrong and that colours shouldn't matter and we should be raising children to break stereotypes but my honest answer is that unless DS begged me for something pink no I probably wouldn't buy it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds would wear pink and have pink stuff quite a bit. My dd often wears pink and has pink toys and he loves his little sister and wants to be like her . He would love a pink lunchbox! If he asked for a pink lunchbox I'd let him take one but he's quite happy with his Thomas lunch bag for now (which reminds me it's going to need replacing soon cause of some wear & tear).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would but no way would I if they didn't want to!!

In you situation I wouldn't be sending it to school for him because he doesn't want It. These day kids get picked a lot, maybe he has seen it happen and doesn't want it to be him next. Who knows..

Thanks
    Reviews
    If DS wanted to than, yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with it. If he didn't though- I wouldn't force the issue. Kids can be cruel about these things and I trust DS knows more about his school social personality than I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to say yes, but probably wouldnt incase he got picked on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I wouldn't care what colour it was that he picked. Nobody would flinch at a girl having a blue lunchbox
    That's because girls that are tom boys are generally accepted by kids at school, boys that are girly aren't. Im not saying girls that have blue lunch boxes are tomboys etc, but that's what kids will think.They can be so cruel.

Its more accepting for a girl to have a blue lunch box than it is a boy having a pink one.
    Last edited by GothChick; 23-03-2012 at 07:25.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a Tupperware demonstrator. You can actually take it back if you haven't used it and explain. They can swap it for you. Your demonstrator should be able to do this. Otherwise ring your local head office. No point buying two!

However yes It wouldn't worry me sending him with pink, but I would want my son feeling comfortable all the same.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (23-03-2012)