+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Would you send your SON to kinder with a PINK lunch box set (in a pink cooler bag)?

I accidentally ordered the pink lunch box set thing for DS from Tupperware (put the wrong item number in). He stayed back a year, so he's one of the eldest in the class and seems to be pretty popular, so he's very confident. When he saw the colour of it as I pulled it out of the box, he said "I can't have that!" I said "Why not?" (testing him), to which he replied "Pink is for girls"

He has agreed to use it until I order a blue one (I plan on keeping the pink one for DD). I actually don't mind sending him with the pink one, I think it will be an interesting test of how the other kids react and how he handles it. It's like a little social experiment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I would, but not if my DS didn't like it. He's not quite at that stage yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah, DS at first said no, but he actually wants to use it now. I gave him the choice of waiting until the blue one came in and using his old lunch box, or using the pink one...and he has chosen to use the pink one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Yeah I would, but not if my DS didn't like it.
    I agree

AS for my ds, he would love it, pink is his favourite colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he agreed then its not an issue.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol loving6 my DS fab colour is pink too, could be that he has a baby sister influencing his colour choice lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS2 has a pink drink bottle that he takes to kindy. He chose the pink one. I am not aware that any of the kids have commented however the kids at kindy are only 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 years. My boys haven't cottoned onto the 'that's a girls colour' or 'that's a boys colour' yet. I don't mind what colour they pick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yeah, DS at first said no, but he actually wants to use it now. I gave him the choice of waiting until the blue one came in and using his old lunch box, or using the pink one...and he has chosen to use the pink one.
    If that was the case then I totally would - I hate the whole boy/girl cr@p, but if it bothered DS then I wouldn't push it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has a Moshi Monsters cooler bag and its very boyish. I don't hesitate to give my girls boyish things and wouldn't hesitate to give a son pink things. If it was a huge issue for him then I would change it, but otherwise its much of a muchness

Hollywood, why doesn't he stick some spiderman stickers on it if he's not comfortable about the colour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't mind BUT kids are cruel. I'd want to save him from the other kids lol