+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Depression/anxiety.. chances it will happen again?

    For those of you who have more than one baby and had it after the birth of your first, (whether it was PND or just your "usual" anxiety magnified) did it happen again with your second?

    I know that every pregnancy is different and it greatly depends on the individual and their personal circumstances, but just interested to hear some experiences with having a second bub after having suffered from it with your first.


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Adelaide foothills
    Posts
    753
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked
    426
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a little different. I experienced nothing after the birth of my first. Pregnancy and birth were uneventful.

    I am almost due to give birth again and I've been blindsided by a massive bout of depression that initially crippled me. I am presently receiving treatment for this and while my doctor feels it will leave me after I give birth, there are no guarantees and it may well last for the rest of my life.

    Impossible to say.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (24-03-2012)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,869
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    1,201
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    I have never had PND or anxiety after a child but I believe statistically it is around 30% chance that PND will return with the next child. That means there is a whopping 70% chance PND will not return! HTH.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (22-03-2012)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sautéed with bacon
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked
    2,695
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    #1 shocking undiagnosed and situational PND
    #2 lost baby in 2nd tri. Should have been medicated and had intensive grief counselling. Suffered anxiety and depression as a result
    #3 nothing
    #4 PND after about 6mths. Non medicated.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (22-03-2012)

  8. #5
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had pnd the first time, not the second or third

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (22-03-2012)

  10. #6
    bunkx's Avatar
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hills WA
    Posts
    6,575
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked
    1,252
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had it with dd1 but not dd2

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (22-03-2012)

  12. #7
    Madame Mayhem's Avatar
    Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    394
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked
    128
    Reviews
    0
    I had it after both babies were born, but having that said I had back to back pregnancies so I never really recovered from the 1st time so it sort of just carried over.

    If you are concerned put an action plan in place and build your support network JIC, there is every chance you won't need it but if you do you will be ready to face it head on

    Good luck xx

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Madame Mayhem For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (22-03-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Anxiety or stressed, not depression
    By bgbgbb in forum General depression and blues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 06:49
  2. anxiety/depression play group
    By fichicken in forum Local support group - anxiety & depression
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 19:55
  3. The linden method for anxiety, depression etc?
    By amiexox in forum General depression and blues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 18:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!