+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would never drive it. Imagine if you went into labour in one of those remote locations. I stuck around my hospital after 30 weeks.

I'm sure flying is safe, but I still wouldn't go to be honest. It's a big ask to sit through a course when your that tired and uncomfortable. I think your better off staying home and resting. Just how I felt at that stage, you might feel different.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (23-03-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i would fly before i drove but otherwise why not? can i ask what the course is... (sucha sticky beak!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We flew Sydney to gold coast at 34 weeks for our baby moon with no problems. You can't fly after 36 weeks from what I remember... Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kate1990 For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies! I think flying sounds like the best plan, leaving a day either side of the course for resting. I really appreciate all of your comments, i'm such a worrier since this is my first baby.

Buttoneska - the course on animal communication, run by a lady from the UK so not something i could go to very often. I was planning to go before i found out i was expecting and have been putting off booking just in case.

Thanks again ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do a lot of driving too. I love it! With my 1st we decided to have a minnie holiday and travelled some distance. I was around 30 weeks and had no probs. We made sure we stopped every couple of hours for a stretch, etc. Our toddler is now 2.5 and could stay in the car all day if she had a choice! Now we're expecting #2 and again, we're taking off on another minnie holiday but this time I'll be 37 weeks. Eeeek!! Luckily it's only 3 or so hrs from home. I'll take my hospital bags with me for obvious reasons. But the drive from Adelaide to Melbourne us fine. Enjoy it and soak up the freedom while you can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks to all of the ladies that replied to this thread.

I have just gotten home from the trip - it was fantastic and was fine (only a tiny bit tired). It was definately fine travelling that far via plane at 32/33 weeks and sitting through the 2 day course was also fine. The only complaint I have is I had to take the rear stairs on the plane on both flights. Although i didnt request special seating or make my condition obvious to staff. I should have boarded right at the first call when they seat people who need help etc. that will teach me for being independent!