+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just the other day DH got our kids names tattooed over his heart in a design of scrolls over a rose. I won't post a pic as it has their names but I love it.

Once I've had bubs I plan on getting their names over my ribs on the right side which I can only imagine the pain lol.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I dont particularly like tatts, but I have seen a nice idea that friends of mine did. The father of the children had the star constillations that the children were born under, drawn under the hands of God. It was done across his back, and was a real work of art. The mother had the state flowers, from each different state the boys were born in. It was much smaller and done like a bouquet. It was really something beautiful.. Very personal, and definatley one of a kind. I would never get one, but if that is what you want, maybe check out some different studios before you decide on anything. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you want something really flash you could look into ambigrams google it, they are pretty cool but because you have 4? Kids you would have to get 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love tatts I have four and want more.
    Not keen on text/names myself. For my kids, I have pics that symbolise their names (well, I've had DS1's since he was 3mo but poor second child is 3 years and still haven't got it done! Know what it will look like tho). I also want to get some hearts and shooting stars to bring the two pics together kinda.

The pain varies depending on where you get them. Any fleshier areas hurt less than bony bits. I had a fairly big one done on my upper back in Jan. It took about 2.5 hours. The last half hour was a bit sore when he was going over bits he'd already done but still bearable...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to do the typical foot print and dob but i thought i want my children to write there names on me then have the tattooist go over that.. that way they mean a little more.. I currently have 5 tattoos and im so addicted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love tattoos and am currently having a large piece done on my back to represent my long ttc journey. Really think about it though and don't just pick something out of a book or off the wall. Choose something that has a meaning to you cause people will always ask. Good luck deciding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks ladies yeah I will def think about it. Wish it didn't hurt though lol. I know I def want my kids' names or at least their letters and a mermaid somewhere. But yeah, just not sure where. I would probably start with something small at first and see how I go.
    Last edited by mum2bubba; 23-03-2012 at 14:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my DDs name on me when she was about 6 weeks old - forgive the picture its from webcam since DF isn't home to hold the phone camera for me. And ignore my scabby hand, its 5 days out from a session. I was so sure we wouldn't want another, but now DDs almost 2, I think if we manage to fall again, I'll laser off her middle name and put next bub down there (the names we have chosen for boy or girl will fit so no biggie)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont have any but i want to get very small maybe less than 1 cm high by like 3 cm long blocked in love heart HBDK blocked in love heart my kids first initials. not sure where yet though

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have chest piece done, both sleeves, back, thighs, backs of the calves and tops of feet.

My only advice is research where you're going to go. Don't go to the first shop you walk into. Absolutely ask about hygiene practises; if they're all sitting side by side and have old wipes, inkpots and stained towels scattered everywhere, don't go there.

Look through their portfolios. If they don't have any examples of previous artwork, don't go there.

And remember, you pay for quality. It's on you forever, do you want faded colours, wobbly lines and splotchy black just because you couldn't shell out an extra $200 for a good artist?

I've spent roughly $10,000 on my tattoos, I know my chestpiece cost me $2000 by itself. But it's worth it, I've been in many magazines, have found my picture online in blogs and tattoos forums, people constantly say "I don't like tattoos, but yours are the best!", and I've won about 5 grand in tattoo competitions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (10-05-2012)