+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't feel any different. I have my 20 week ultrasound that was as exciting as it got. With a 2 yo active
    and my partner away it was just another day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't really feel different. I remember thinking, 'wow, as a kid 30 seemed so old but now I'm here it doesn't feel old at all. I feel the same as ever.'

But now I'm 34 I'm starting to feel very different. My body's not working the same as it used to and I'm developing health issues/having moles removed/hands getting stiff. So now I'm getting the slight freak out feeling of 'argh! I'm feeling old and I'm not ready for it yet!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine wasn't that long ago. Part of me felt awesome because I was happy with where I was in life, had a great party, etc. Part of me was surprised because I think I assumed I'd be 20-something forever! My parents had me young so I remember them being not much older than 30, which was an odd feeling. I mostly felt good about it. Not sure how I'll go with 31 though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hated it. Felt like my life was on fast forward. My 20's didn't pan out exactly how I planned so it was a massive fat reminder of that...
    I don't cope well with "aging" so maybe with a procedure or two in a few years I'll feel better! : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be 30 in October and I'm dreading it. I feel like I havn't done anything with my life even though I've had 3 beautiful children.
    I just feel old.

Guest Guest
    Now with every birthday I'm getting freaked out cause I'm getting closer to 40!!! And the realisation I have 6 years to achieve what I thought I would by 40 (which doesn't look likely :/)
    30 is still ok, but yeah I think it'll come by your next birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Hated it. Felt like my life was on fast forward. My 20's didn't pan out exactly how I planned so it was a massive fat reminder of that...
    Basically this! Happened in February and I spent the year since turning 29 feeling crappy about it. I had a lot of home life things blow up over the past year which accentuates it too I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cried in the morning and was in an awful mood. I always imagined when I was 30 I would be married and have at least one child, and neither looked close to happening. Plus everyone was texting me and putting birthday messages on fb, but I was so "meh" about the fact it was my birthday I cried cause I felt bad that everyone was wishing me a great day and I was miserable.

Anyway, I eventually got over it, we went out for brunch, I took myself to the ballet that night, then when I got back to our hotel room, DF proposed. I felt like a right knob after that!! Lol.

I've made peace with being 30 (nearly 31!) now. But I still don't like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt nothing at all.

Age is nothing to me. I feel young and that's what matters

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I still have a year and a bit until i'm 30 but i'm dreading it. It is more the feeling that i should have done more with life before turning 30, the thought that in 10 years of being in my 20's i really haven't done much at all is kind of depressing, like i've wasted my youth.

DH is mid 30's and he says he didn't feel anything turning 30, it was just another birthday, no big deal.