+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just amazed at the huge amounts of money spent, and just to choose who is going to represent the party. It's probably my naivety, but can people in the same party have such differing views?

I know they need to encourage people to vote as its not compulsory.

I was speechless when I heard that contraception is an election issue. Seriously? Seems like some have a narrow view of what America should be, and form policies to try to dictate this. They have the right to choose whether or not to vote, but little choice over other 'rights'.
    Last edited by speckled; 23-03-2012 at 10:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aren't politicians supposed to represent their constituents? Do the 'American People' really want this stuff?

And in relation to free contraception for those on welfare- we can't let the poor have too many children! (Sacrasim)
    Last edited by speckled; 23-03-2012 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speckled View Post
    Aren't politicians supposed to represent their constituents? Do the 'American People' really want this stuff?

And in relation to free contraception for those on welfare- we can't let the poor have too many children! (Sacrasim)
    Its because they get free health care as do others on a low income I suppose the US could make them go without care if its to demeaning for them and they cant afford health care which is friggin expensive in the US

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Perhaps these mindless politicians who are only looking out for their own interests want to learn the hard way that if you make it more difficult to access contraception, abortion rates = INCREASE (whether legal or not!)

Silly people with their silly agendas. It's an absolute joke. I hope they realise a lot of the other Western countries are shaking their heads in disbelief

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by speckled View Post

I know, the attitudes are so primitive, yet the country is held up to be such an advanced, enlightened super power. It's disgraceful.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think part of the problem is that quite fundamentalist religious people get elected. And that is partially due to the voting system, as lost of people don't vote. So what happens is all the people who follow that person's particular branch of religion, donate lots of money and vote in droves.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

delirium  (23-03-2012),Gandalf  (23-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    The thing that has me is how US low/middle income blue collar, particularly in the south, vote conservative. Most in that demographic in Aust vote labor. The reason though is what Ana said, religion. In oz until Abbott there has been a seperation of church and state and conservatism here is economic rationalism not religious conservatism. Yet the poorest in the South seem to be the most religious, so they vote republican. Despite the fact that party has economic policies that don't suit lower income people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that says a lot about their education system as well, delirium. These poor people have been brainwashed for many decades.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (23-03-2012),Gandalf  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The problem I think also is the people eunning have one good idea and that main thing may be what they really want changed at it grabs their attention so they vote. There is a guy here that has one subject he is fighting for and I would be inclined to vote for him if he ran because its something I am dead set for.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    The problem I think also is the people eunning have one good idea and that main thing may be what they really want changed at it grabs their attention so they vote. There is a guy here that has one subject he is fighting for and I would be inclined to vote for him if he ran because its something I am dead set for.

Oooo, yes totally! There seems to be an immense lack of knowledge about how things actually run in a global system by potential candidates. None of them seem to know anything at all about foreign policy. And Gingrich wanted to start a freaking moon colony