View Poll Results: Did you employers attitude change toward you after advising of your pregnancy??

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

2 10.53%
  • Yes, but in a good way.

8 42.11%
  • Yes, but in a bad way.. ie discrimination.

9 47.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I said "yes in a good way" but my bosses were awesome anyway. I told my direct boss I was doing IVF and he told me to take all the time I needed for appointments and if I ever felt I couldnt come in, then I could just text him and let him know.

They allowed me to return to work 2 days per week. After having my second baby I made the decision to resign and I cried because I know that I will never ever again have a workplace like the one I left. Even though I finished early last year, they still invited me to their Christmas Party and my boss gave a beautiful farewell speech.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    HNope I work in childcare & the job I had when I conceived jasper absolutely nothing changed for better or worse. Late in pregnancy my boss started to tell me to take it easy & told me to use the casuals as much as I could to do the physical stuff for me. But I didn't really feel less able than anyone else so nothing changed except my belly got bigger.

Pregnant with katelyn got a job as a casual through an agency - I disclosed to them I was pregnant but they didn't tell the centers I worked in. When I started working regularly with the one centre I told them and they didn't change anything. I was only there from about 13 weeks until about 23 weeks though before I decided it was too much being mum, working, studying & pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't vote, but it changed for me too, and not in a good way at all. I got fired not long after I told my job. Then I couldn't get a job when I divulged I was pregnant. Then I finally got one, told them a few weeks in, and miraculously got fired again. It was a bad time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was demoted when I told my boss I was about to start IVF..... she (yes SHE!!) said it was 'for my own good, to reduce stress' even though I wasnt stressed!!! Even worse the HR manager who made the final decision was pregnant with twins and went on maternity leave 2 days later without even bothering to speak to me and see how I actually felt I luckily got pregnant very soon after I started the demoted position but it meant I was 'stuck' there for 7 more months....

My new manager was very understanding and furious at what had happened but I had been 'hushed' by senior management so no-one else knew... spent 7 months feeling like everyone must have been looking at me wondering what I had done wrong to get demoted... most stressful time ever. If I had my time again I would have quit rather than take the demotion.
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 22-03-2012 at 20:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to say no and before we got new manager we had the operations manager from Perth helping us out and he was wonderful as his wife had just had a baby but new manager isn't as understanding I've only got 6 weeks to go but wish it was less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, I got the sack! That was in 1999, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on my phone so can't vote.

Yes they changed and not better. My manager hadn't got kids or a partner and doesn't believe in maternity leave. It was a hard few months of nasty comments etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not even pregnant yet but I thought I'd give the courtesy to my boss. Before Christmas he advised me of a new position becoming available in March for me due to utilizing my skills in a more efficient manner. Decided over Christmas break to TTC, that position has mysteriously disappeared and not one word mentioned about it. I'm also not valued for my opinion as previously. I'm just sitting in a corner patiently waiting for my turn at maternity leave - and I'm not even pregnant yet!!!