View Poll Results: Did you employers attitude change toward you after advising of your pregnancy??

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

2 10.53%
  • Yes, but in a good way.

8 42.11%
  • Yes, but in a bad way.. ie discrimination.

9 47.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you employers attitude change toward you after advising of your pregnancy??

Poll to come..

It's my first time, may take a while..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I voted 'yes but in a good way'. And by that I mean that they were understanding of me when I would trail of mid-thought and that they didn't want me to stay back at work unnecessarily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep she became very cruel and I ended up walking out when I was 27 weeks pregnant cause I could not handle her abuse any longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't see the poll on my phone but I would say no, it didn't change. I've always had an awesome relationship with my boss and that has continued. He is excited about the baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't see the poll but I'll say "yes in a good way." I was really scared to tell my boss but it turned out to be for nothing. Everyone I worked was so supportive and looked after me well, made sure I had something to read and drink when it was busy.
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes and not in a good way. It went from him saying I was his best worker to calling me the 'pregnant one'. He also tried to pin me for unprofessional behaviour which was 100% disproven and he didn't so much as even apologise. The last few weeks before maternity leave were hell and believe despite not having any concrete complaints about me, he would give me a bad reference (I believe partly bc I made him look stupid when he brought the claims against me and involved other managers to be found unproven).

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but at the same time only some things changed, they took in to consideration the change of my physical capabilities in regard to some aspects of my position and where very accommodating to my needs both whilst pregnant and after I returned from leave.

I was also still given all the same opportunities for promotion etc and they expected me to still perform to my best within my capabilities regardless of my pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On a phone do can't vote but
    Yes it changed and NO not for the better.
    I got made "redundant" shortly after them finding out

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bosses attitudes to me were excellent, however I was a casual, so I would not be receiving any leave payments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just after I got engaged we had a work function and I had to drive my slightly inebriated boss home.. The few drinks he had made him speak his mind because he told me that since becoming engaged he wants to find a reason to fire me before I get pregnant... Needless to say I started applying for new jobs the next day and moved on