Hi. As I've written about, I'm presently being treated for mental illness at a facility and am on a drug regimen that is heavy going but seems to be working for me.
I have had, so far, an uneventful pregnancy. Bubs is engaged, healthy and I'm nearing the end of my term.
However, my psych and obs want me to be brought on early (39/40wks) so that they can put me on anti-depressants and tweak my current drug regimen.
I am really not sure about this.
I understand why inductions are sometimes necessary but at this juncture is it necessary for me? I mean, my body is working fine...it's just my brain has melted a bit.
So I saw my Obs and to my surprise he just went ahead and made an appointment for the following week (gel) and I was like...hang on...I'm not sure about this. He assured me it was the right thing to do but didn't really give me a concrete reason as to why other than "the placenta could weaken/stop working".
So on the night I'm due to be induced I'll be transferred to the hospital, will be given the squirt and will remain in hospital until the baby arrives whereupon I'll be in the same hospital for another five days on account of my status with my baby "possibly in NICU for a day or two" to monitor breathing etc due to the drugs I've been presently taking.
I'm like...WTF? No one said ANYTHING about NICU when I explicitly asked about the impact of these drugs on my pregnancy. I was told they were safe and that bubs would be a little irritable in the first few days of life but that's it. Now I'm being told I will remain in hospital, possibly separated from my newborn for nearly a week while all this plays out and it's really got me worried.
Then I did a search here before I wrote this post and read some horror stories in the threads that I found so now I'm thinking, god, should I go through with this? My DH is also not sure and wants the best outcome for us both. Part of me says I should say no but part of me says well surely they have your best interests at heart and then another part of me says well what would I know...I've just spent the past few weeks trying to work out what my brain's been up to. I really don't like the thought of being separated from bubs or that he'll be in ICU.
All comments welcome. I have five days to make a decision.