+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Car loan deals and Centerlink

Hi Everyone,

My car is giving me heaps of hassles. The repair bills are ridiculous! I just wanted to ask if anyone has been successful at all in getting a car loan with a decent interest rate? are you able to afford the repayments?

While I dream of having a Mazda 3 someday right now I just need a car for my 3 kids and I. I live in the NT does anyone know of very good car dealers? what's the best way to negotiate a better price?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I have never had a loan before but am fully aware that interest rates can be a killer. On the other hand I almost feel embarrassed to ask because for the time being I am getting a little assistance from Centerlink. I know that ANZ can offer a personal loan of $5000 but the interest rate is more than 14%! I also found out about the step up loan? offered through the NAB but Anglicare who manage it all have a 3 month waiting list!

Thanks for reading.

Brisbane North
    Hey there,

I got my loan through my normal bank, which is CBA and they're rate was good even in comparison to the financial institute the dealers used. CBA gave me 9.9% where as the dealers were talking something like 13%. This was in the NT also.

I would do lots of hunting around if I were u and make sure u get a good deal and even ask if they will give u the quote in writing cause u can always take it elsewhere for them to match. A bit like buying anything really. And that applies to Ur current car too. Don't just take their word that it's only worth a certain amount sometimes it's worth more they just want to make more commission out of the sales.

Good luck! It's never easy going into debt with finances but if it's going to be cheaper in the long run then go for it! 😄

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chranaz For This Useful Post:

PeppermintPaddy  (22-03-2012)