+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know what sleep deprivation feels like. I'm sure it's what contributed to my pnd. I was that freaking exhausted I felt suicidal. Would I drug my baby? No way in hell. If a gp suggested I use phenergan I wouldn't be taking my baby back to that gp ever again.
    I can 100% see why the op feels the way she does, but we get crazy when sleep deprived and those sorts of drugs are not worth it. I hope op got some help and is feeling better.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Etienne For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (28-03-2012),jacobsmamma  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    I won't apologise for offending anyone as this probably will... But I have been following this thread waiting for someone to state the obvious here. Giving phenergan to children and/or babies is effectively drugging them to go to sleep. As a mother I understand completely the feeling of sleep deprivation. I don't think any health professional would advise this and it really concerns me that people are advising the op to do this!? Op please seek help from a professional perhaps starting with your GP for your child and also for yourself for some support and advice. Phenergan is NOT the answer to your sleep problems.
    I agree

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizzieiscontented For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    Actually gp's do recommend this! I have been using the phernergan under the directions from the gp!! No way would I just give my child a drug without advice from a health professional!! The gp and I have a plan for use, it's all about breaking the cycle of the child waking and this what the phernergan can achieve !!!
    Of course you and others have judged that I was using it without doctors directions t
    that's great if it was prescribed by a doctor, you didn't mention that previously nor did anyone else. there's nothing wrong with using it under doctors orders and no body is saying anything other or judging. glad its working for you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to update - Mum paid for a 2nd hand cot and mattress from Gumtree... The very NIGHT she was back in a cot, she slept :-) Yay for us!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissWinter For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (28-03-2012),jacobsmamma  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well lets just hope it's on with bars at the end as opposed to a sold end so as she grows she can stick her legs out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWinter View Post
    Just want to update - Mum paid for a 2nd hand cot and mattress from Gumtree... The very NIGHT she was back in a cot, she slept :-) Yay for us!
    Hooray for u and DD miss winter I hope u both get some rest now xx