+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Talking Did you get a BFP and use DHEA / Saizen or both??

Hi there all you lucky peeps who got BFP's .

I'm enquiring if you could please let me know if you got your BFP using DHEA / Saizen or both. Thank you for reading my post .

I'm about to start yet another cycle and adding both of these to the mix . I just want to hear some positive stories .

Thanks heaps

Perth, WA
    I did 4 full cycles of IVF before getting a BFP. I never had any frosties except on our 4th cycle. I only used the DHEA and Saizen for the last two cycles. Although I didn't get a BFP on my 3rd cycle my eggs had shown a greater improvement on quality and also more eggs were retrieved and fertilised.

On my 4th cycle we got our BFP (with twins from double transfer) but unfortunately I lost Twin B at around 10 weeks. As sad as that was I knew that nature was in control. Our little miracle girl was born in February 2011.

I truly believe we got our BFP because of DHEA and Saizen. I know it adds to the cost but we thought we might as well throw everything at it otherwise we felt it would be a waste of money not doing all we could.

We also had the embrologists use a polscope when fertilising the eggs, HOS when selecting the sperm for ICSI, embryo glue and assisted hatching. There may be other techniques used now as this is what was around in June 2010.

You have age on your side. I was 38 when I conceived our twins.

I wish you every success in your TTC journey and truly hope that your dreams come true very soon.

Always, xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Always Hoping For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (22-03-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both for me. However I'm not 100% convinced either made any difference to egg quality or quantity. I've used DHEA for about 3-4 cycles, and there is no difference in numbers or quality. I only used Saizen in the last cycle, however because I didn't have an AF when I started it mucked up the timing, I only used half the amount that FS wanted me to use. And the egg number and quality wasn't any different, except that we did get our lucky BFP that stuck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (22-03-2012)