+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do not have a budget so nothing is set in concrete, but DH keeps $500 a month in his personal account (he is paid monthly) but he rarely uses it so most of it goes into the mortgage/addiional savings.

I keep all of my fornightly wage and out of this comes daycare ($400) and the rest is mine to do what I want with (around $1300). I don't use much of it but the types of things it is used for are clothes for me and DS, the odd lunch/meal out, haircuts, personal training, my garage sale addiction, anything I buy for myself and if I go to the supermarket groceries as I hate touching the joint account.

Generally mine just adds up and we then use it for spontaneous holidays, eg next week we go to Bali and the cost is coming out of my account so we don't even notice the money gone.

Before DH a partner and I used to have $50.00 a week and this worked really well as I hated how much alcohol/computer games he would buy, but once it was his personal money and not joint I did not worry about it (at least from a financial point of view) as it was his cash to spend as he pleased.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laksa View Post
    Ah so things like holidays are included? Do you then save part of your allowance for those bigger things?

Sorry I am so nosey lol
    I don't give myself an allowance as such - I have a negligible mortgage and decent income and zero desire to really spend/shop so I don't really budget/allowance on a weekly basis. I am aware of what I spend though - our biggest annual expense is travel (as in flights for business and holidays) so as long as we are 'within the travel budget' anything else I spend doesn't really make a dent here not there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We budget for kids 500 dollars a month for transport fees, nappy+wipes for DD, outing from daycare, books, occasional eating out, toys, clothes etc. For myself is more than enough ( i get monthly) but weekly i spent around 25-50 dollars for occasional lunch out, coffee, transport fee, the rest i save for the kids' education. We also have another budget for entertainment around 500 dollars a month as family for movies, zoo, eating out, transport fee which we allocate for weekends use only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All we can afford for ourselves after ALL other expenses and savings is $20 each. Mine goes on afternoon tea at a play centre and zumba, DH goes on iced coffee and chocolate bars at the servo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to be able to give ourselves $50 - $100 a week but I'm a SAHM and DH wage can't afford more spending $.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What do people spend $100-200+ on in a week? Genuinely interested...
    Clothes, play centres, lunches out, petrol if i need a top up before wednesday comes, fabric.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Coffee dates, lunches, pedicures, books, magazines (home decorating usually), lotto...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't budget for allowance.. If we have any extra money left we'll use it for a bill or extra petrol or savings.. Not that it happens much.
    I can't believe the amounts some of you have mentioned. If I lunch out with the kids it's usually a hot chip picnic at the park for $5.. Playcentre is a rip off and we just play at the park or home instead..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Coffees, lunches, flowers, magazines, books, nights out ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    30 to 50 a week at the most. It isn't a set amount. I look at all our expenses. I pay all the bills. Then I look at what is left over. Then I put some over to savings and we each have a small amount for spending. its easy for me as I really haven't ever had much money for myself. If I had anywhere near 100 dollars I could afford to spend on myself I simply wouldn't.. I would save half of that. The spending money I use for play centres sometimes, coffee with a friend, going to the markets or op shops.. Where as we save up for all the annoying expenses we can't cover immediately such as sudden car break downs, but also nice things like our holiday to darwin.. Its taken an entire year to save up but it will be worth it to see family and friends.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk