+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default GP and OB confusion

Hey,

So I am ten weeks pregnant, I have just had my first scan. I moved back to the Sunny Coast about 8 months ago and was just seeing the Doctor at the family medical centre around the corner for small things. So I don't have a GP or OB. Does this mean when I am about to go into labour that i just go straight to the public hospital? I don't have private health. So confused here on what I'm meant to be doing as all my friends live in a small town so they have one GP and midwives as one hospital??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My midwife forwarded me this online book today, which includes a section on choosing your birth option in Queensland:

http://www.qcmb.org.au/book/menu/inf...on_for_parents

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Are you looking at having any prenatal health checks? If so you'll have to go through your local GP for a referral to either an ob or if you want to go public whatever public maternity hospital catchment you fall into. Yes you can just turn up at any public hospital in labour or if you have any concerns about your pregnancy as well but they like it better if your booked in with them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reading Link

Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    My midwife forwarded me this online book today, which includes a section on choosing your birth option in Queensland:

http://www.qcmb.org.au/book/menu/inf...on_for_parents

Hey,

I am reading the link now and it is very informative..thank you so much xx