+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you've contacted the Police and if you haven't gotten anywhere on the phone gone down to the Police Station in person and not move until they take it seriously! This is not something that a government department would do!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to placebo For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post

Let us know what the police say. And stay safe.

The school also had a lot to answer for!
    ^^ yes please do and boy does that school ever!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mummanna For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there any chance your nutter of an ex got some friends to call DOCS as well and put in numerous false accusations?
    That would for sure explain a visit from them.
    But it still dose not explain there behavior.

Do you have a copy of that AVO? If not, get one.

Request for a police officer to be present if possible.

When they come to visit next I would be asking them for ID ect
    before they even step any where near your front door.

Please ring the school where your 16 year old was questioned, Ask the school what ID they showed, what were there names, and ask the school was a teacher or anther adult present during the interview, I would have hope there was!
    And if there was ask for that teachers name (or ask your son)

Did the school contact you when these 3 people came to talk to him??
    If they didn't I would be giving the school a not so nice phone call.
    And tell them next time some one wants to come in and talk to him, you need to be contacted, or you would like someone of higher authority to be present (lawyer, solicitor, Officer)
    And you would like notes or recordings taken when they talk to him.

Call legal aid, or even try and ring up a few solicitors and just explain what's happened, you never know the receptionist might be able to help you a little.

After you have called DOCS I would be going down to the SAME police station you did the AVO through, asking for a copy and tell them exact ally what you have told us. See what they have to say about the situation.

Do you remember the name of your old solicitor that moved?
    Goode his name, solicitors are always on google.. You should be able to track him down to where he is working now, even if it's on the other side of the country call him.

Also anything you do through a solicitor no matter how many years ago they keep all files at the place you went through and the solicitor him self keeps copies.
    We had a problem a few months ago where my grandmother had lost the Deeds to her house, so she couldn't sell it.
    We were able to track down the solicitor she went through 35 years ago to buy the house, and we were able to get the deeds for the house because they keep everything.

Good luck and I'm so sorry your dealing with this! :-(
    Please keep us updated
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 21-03-2012 at 16:17.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (21-03-2012),MuminMind  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be good if you could get the police to come but in an unmarked car, that way if it is suss it won't scare the people off as soon as they see a cop car out front, but catch them if they are in the wrong!

Hope everything goes well for you it sucks that you have to go through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!

The police will be able to assist you in what you need to do. Good luck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magic star For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow, this whole situation is screaming that this is going to be an attempted child abduction! Taking photo's of the house is alarming, they could be using this as ammo on how to take the child from you

DO NOT let them take your child or come anywhere near the house UNLESS they have a written court order signed by a judge on the day of the visit. Reference numbers and judge details will be on this letter.

Good luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope youv gotten some answers!!!! Like all the pp said be safe dont let them in!

I havent had any dealings with them either but even to me it really sounds like they are faking it.

Please stay safe!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbygirl For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope the police gave you some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I hope the police help you sort it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a long and very stressful day, I can understand why you are not online, but I wondered if I could help. I'm a school counsellor and spend a lot of my time working with DoCS. I agree with what so many have said about the unacceptable behaviour of the Child Protection Officers (CPOs), and the suspicious nature of DoCS not having a file for your daughter.

I know people are advising you to go to the police, but I would like to suggest you go to the Community Service Centre (DoCS) yourself. Your phone call got you no-where; face-to-face they can look up their records and check their system. You can show them the card these people left with you, and if they are supposed to be at your house for a visit, you are in a place (with your child) that is recognised as a "safe" place. But DEFIANTELY take support with you, and leave your child outside the office with a carer (e.g. partner, or your parents), but near enough the location to come inside if requested/ordered. With DoCS, it really is best to comply, but be prepared to defend to the hilt.

The way the computer systems work, an AVO that has your child's birthdate on it will be flagged when DoCS gets a complaint about the safety of your child. A complaint automatically registers a police records search for the primary carer (you) and the at-risk young person (your daughter). The AVO from the police should have flagged which in turn should have flagged a bit more from DoCS.

Everything you described sounds suspicious, and I wish you luck. Feel free to PM me if you would like to know the specific address of the Community Service Centre in your area. I also have their direct line, if you don't have this information already.

And incidentally, a 16 year old can be interviewed by DoCS by themselves - young people are asked if they would like a support person present, however, they can decline this. Additionally, DoCS may have felt you had been "notified" as they had already seen you, and it is in the legislation that school must not obstruct a DoCS investigation, so the staff at your son's school would have stepped a lllooonngg way back from this one.

Three CPOs is an unusual number - usually they only send two, unless one it a trainee. This is another thing to be suspicious about. Taking a child from their parents is a HUGE decision by DoCS. The cost of foster care is staggering, and the number of places available, especially in country areas, is minimal. Too often DoCS gets it wrong, with tragic results, but still, their directives mandate that a child must be at "serious and imminent risk of harm". Neglect, which is what it sounds like the complaint is based on, is not grounds for immediate removal. Even serious sexual and physical assault barely happens immediately.

Good luck tomorrow. Feel free to PM me if I can give you any further information.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wickedly Happy For This Useful Post:

Catkin  (04-04-2012),Etienne  (21-03-2012),Gandalf  (22-03-2012),laurea  (23-03-2012),LillyPonds  (21-03-2012),MissMuppet  (21-03-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (22-03-2012),MuminMind  (21-03-2012)