+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't be letting them in your house again unless they provide the right documentation and ID to prove they are in fact DOCS workers.

This all seems completely fishy and TBH I would be contacting someone through DOCS to find out if the people who visited were legitimate. If they were they would have given you a card with a number to contact them, did they do this?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (22-03-2012),laurea  (23-03-2012),NancyBlackett  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it wasn't right the way they treated me either, but I didn't know any different as never been in this situation before.
    They gave me a card with their names on it, and me being me I googled their names.
    I actually found out that one is an old famous football player, who also went into the police force, but was booted out of the police as he was charged with purgury for lying about another officer regarding a rape case!! This freaked me out a bit too, I thought DOCS would have a screening system since working so close to children.

Do I have the right to say I do not want this man involved with me, or my child/brother?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodes86 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    I think today you should call DOCS and talk to a supervisor tell them about the people who came to your house today and about the way they treated you that is just not on! Explain that you ex is a nutter and about the AVO that should help to clear a lot up, from my understanding they can not take her from you on unfounded reports it is all just hear say they need real proof that you DD is in some kind of danger, sounds to me she is very happy and healthy. Also talk to a lawyer on just what you can do about your ex
    You poor thing to have him be an a$$ like that and DOCS that's just not on!
    Good luck

I think you should really try this... for them to do that in front of your daughter is horrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's not DOCS standard procedure for a situation like that.

I'd be contacting the office, making enquiries, finding out their exact positions etc... as well as legal advice before the meeting.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (21-03-2012),laurea  (23-03-2012),MuminMind  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How terrible! Can you call docs and ask if you can record their visit either on audio or video. They would definitely behave if they knew there would be a concrete record of their behavior.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmmm now that you said you have googled one of the names and found that info it is all starting to sound a bit fishy. Definitley call docs about it because if they werent from docs then you need to talk to somebody about being abused by those people...whoever they are.

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    They told me they have every right to go through my house. They went through my fridge and said they wanted to go through DDs bedroom.
    I was on the stairs blocking them, and I said NO you can not go upstairs. Then he said I have every right, and I said well get the police here I don't belive you can without the police, then he mumbled something and then went right up past me to upstairs.

I was still crying on the stair case, and my partner went upstairs after him, and he was taking photos of every room and then turns around to my partner and says, there are two empty toilet rolls on the floor, who does that, it's a disgrace.

Like really, toilet rolls?? DD loves toilet rolls and will often rip all the loo paper off just to get the roll to build things with, esp binoculars lol..

They said, I have kids and my house is never messy. I was thinking well your wife/gf must work her *** off while your out terrorising people to make sure when you get home there is nothing out of place, cos kids make mess!! They are bloody kids.

I am annoyed my solicitor I had when dealing with my ex is no longer working at the same place, it will be a long process to go through legal aide again, and I don't have the money to hire someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fairly sure you need a warrant to search someones house? CPOs usually are accompanied by police. Fishy, fishy, fishy.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Catkin  (04-04-2012),Gandalf  (22-03-2012),Guest1234  (21-03-2012),laurea  (23-03-2012),naebie  (21-03-2012),~ElectricPink~  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I already discussed filming and recording the next visit, but I am assuming since we will have other adults there, they will not treat us the same.
    They asked me to put DD in preschool on the day they come, i said as if I don't want you to know where she is incase you take her!! So she is going to be with someone and I am not telling them who, just incase.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodes86 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a fair amount of experience in CP/DOCS and what you have described your post sounds very suspect to me.
    I would call your local DOCS office and ask to speak to a Senior Team Leader in Child Protection.
    Explain to them what happened.

For the Assessment tomorrow, have someone there to support you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (21-03-2012)