+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to say, someone correct me if I'm wrong but your docs record will be destroyed after 3 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    This sounds very strange for DOCS?

Did they provide ID? I would ring DOCS if they these people did not provide ID and ask if they actually did send people around. I find it strange they would send 3 people around and them to barge in and start yelling.

If they did, I would ring legal aid or have some family memebers around tomorrow that know you well for support.

This sounds very fishy

I agree, my Pinkie senses are tingling.

From anything I have heard of Docs it takes 3 reports before they will make a visit.
    So your husband would have had to have made 3 reports or got at least two people to lie.
    They also are very adherent to the law and making sure that if there is a case of child abuse they have the facts.
    I have also never heard of them barging in and acting like thugs.

I think your husband has organised some friends to put this shocking act on. I would not be suprised that when you ring DOCs they have no idea what your talking about.

Also a half blind monkey can tell the difference between melting icecream and poo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilliansMum View Post
    I agree, my Pinkie senses are tingling.

From anything I have heard of Docs it takes 3 reports before they will make a visit.
    So your husband would have had to have made 3 reports or got at least two people to lie.
    They also are very adherent to the law and making sure that if there is a case of child abuse they have the facts.
    I have also never heard of them barging in and acting like thugs.

I think your husband has organised some friends to put this shocking act on. I would not be suprised that when you ring DOCs they have no idea what your talking about.

Also a half blind monkey can tell the difference between melting icecream and poo.
    I was discussing this with my dh who is a former police officer, he said that usually docs give you notice they are going to visit, not just turn up. He also agrees it doesn't sound like the way they work re them barging in and talking to a person that way.

Just glad you are ok op!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

laurea  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBabyBoy View Post
    Just read the whole thread.

It sounds like the whole thing was unbelievably stressful for your whole family.

For myself, there is no way on earth I would ever willingly allow docs into my house. If they ever came knocking it would be from a false report (there's nothing I ever do that anyone could make a true report about). So in the case of a false report I would refuse them entry (unless they had a search warrant, in which case police officers would be present and it's a different story) and seek urgent legal representation.

Please keep us updated, and I'd also be interested to hear how you found out who made the reports. If you have the means and inclination you could still speak to a lawyer and possibly pursue a civil case on the grounds of severe emotional distress and possibly defamation.
    Oh hell yes i agree 100%!!
    If there is a way to make a civil case out of it i certainly would be doing that!
    That's atrocious!!

I am SO angry for you that these people were real DOCS workers. I would NOT let it go under any circumstances. And to add to your case i would have a counsellor or the like see your daughter because obviously this has effected her sense of security now. They have done damage to your child and yourself. And for what?!! A messy house? ***** OFF seriously? If mess was enough for a DOCS record we would all have one at one point or another.
    I am flabbergasted.

I am really happy that you are ok. But mighty ****ed of at such complete injustice. And at the hands of vindictive MORONS no less. GRR>

It's beyond unfair! Please don't take it lying down.

I don't blame you for wanting everything super clean. But that kind of anxiety feeling like a single thing out of place could spell you losing your child is too much A natural response to what just happened to you but completely unfair.
    You shouldn't have to feel like this hun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear you are ok, I hope you take it further with the way these docs workers barged into your house an freaked your dd out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to madjedjjlill For This Useful Post:

laurea  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so glad you and your DD are ok. Those DOCS workers need the book thrown at them. Totally unprofessional and disgusting treatment when they are supposed to be looking out for the welfare of minors.

I agree with PP about getting some coucilling for your DD.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

Jodes86  (27-03-2012),laurea  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear your ok!!
    Such a relief!!! I was worried sick about you and your family.

I just thought I would add, my step sister had a visit from DOCS, it was legitimate though.. The reports went fake (she was a drug user, also abused her kids and had many men in the home at all different times ect)
    an had a visit from DOCS after that she sorted her life out as her children were given to her mother to look after.

She went through rehab, sorted her life out and ended up being a great mother, but about 4 years after she sorted her life out she had another visit from DOCS, (she had her kids by that time in full time care with her for about 12 months) DOCS came to her house, she said she didn't get a letter, they just came over when she was unpacking the food shopping from the car, they barged in, we're extremely rude to her, didn't take photos.. But picked her apart and her house too, and just made her feel crap, apparently one of them said the to her "I'm supprised you were able to get your kids back" she did a written letter of complaint, her mother was there with her at the time of the visit so she also did a written complaint, there was a massive investigation into it that went on or months as DOCS had no records of the legit DOCS workers visiting her house.
    In the end one of the DOCS workers lost his job, because apparently that wasn't the first complaint made against him, and the other DOCS worker was suspended.
    It turned out in the end the worker who was sacked actually had known about my step sister quite well when she was completely off the face of the earth... The only thing my step sister can think of is that he held some type of grudge.. But it's only her guess.

This all happened about 12 years ago now, maybe even longer, so a lot has most likely changed since then..

But if they did treat you like that, don't make complaints over the phone, send them in writing. If there are still government workers out there that act the way you described then do something about it! Write complaints, emails, call them as well.. Don't stop until your given an apology or something is done.

And he took photos... They didn't even do that to my step sister when she was a crack/cocaine user and had unknown men in her home abusing her and her kids...
    I would be wanting and explanation!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Jodes86  (27-03-2012),LillyPonds  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some other poor woman is likely to cop the same treatment if the DOCs worker who visited you is allowed to get away with this. He needs to be stopped - they all do. You have done NOTHING wrong and yet they barged into your house like a swat team and terrified your daughter with lasting consequences.

NOT OK!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Jodes86  (27-03-2012),LillyPonds  (26-03-2012),MissMuppet  (28-03-2012),MuminMind  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    She's a very new member with only 14 posts so I'm hoping BH land isn't very high on her list of priorities right now and she's busy moving/staying somewhere safe....?
    I hope she's totally forgotten to post an update and has everything sorted.
    Or that it may have been a joke.

Anyway this is all still relevant for anyone else who may find themselves in a similar situation.