+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Need someone to talk to regarding DOCS :(

Hey I need someone to talk to asap.

My DD father (ex) decided he couldn't get to me through violence anymore (I got an AVO) so he rang DOCS and has made a few FALSE reports about me.

Three DOCS workers apeared at my door yesty and had me in tears. It was 2 men and a woman and they didn't even introduce themselves or anything just started yelling at me saying all these things I do wrong.

All of this in front of my 5 yr old mind you, I was balling my eyes out could barely breathe and they just kept attacking.

They finally left after I agreed to have them come back tomorrow to do a "risk assesment"

Poor DD was so scared and upset she asked me to stay awake all night to make sure they don't come in and take her out of her bed.

One of the claims he made was that my house is "filthy" & it just so happened they came the day after my DDs birthday party, so there was party stuff all over the kitchen and her new toys scattered everywhere.

They were walking around taking photos of everything, saying it was filth! I said if you see it's just wrapping paper and toys. Then one of the claimed there was feces on a plate! I was like it's chocy ice cream from my daughters bday party

They did not let me have one word in, and I am now terrorfied of them.

I have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow when they come back, and would love to hear from anyone who has been in this situation - I am petrified my daughter is going to be taken away, when my ex is a physco and I bet they won't investigate his story & why he would make false reports about me.

Please help, I am a nervous wreck (

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg, how terrifying!

Can you call family and friends and have someone come be with you tomorrow for support when they come?

Also, are you sure they were actually from Docs ( did they have id?) and not friends of your ex roped in to terrorise you?

I'd also call legal aid and see where you stand legally.

Good luck, and massive hugs.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012),Liddybugs  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh dear, how scary for you both. I have no experience with them, and no advice, but it sounds like you need hugs, so I'm sending you lots.

Definately clean really thoroughly before they come back though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How terrifying I have no advice but the previous posters idea of calling legal aid might be worth a try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OnceUponATime For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm yes I have had a fair bit to do with docs, recently through my own job in community services and also have two friends whose children are out of their care.. One going through reunification and another who is working towards it. I also have had several family members have children removed as a child and my mum took on some of my cousins as a kinship carer.. And I have to say that I have never heard of them behaving like that.. Are you sure it was docs? My advice is to get your own lawyer as duty lawyers are not always great, and relax. it is unlikely your children will be removed from your care unless they are found to be at risk

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know how much help this will be but tomorrow when they come back you have the right to refuse to let them enter your house, I think today you should call DOCS and talk to a supervisor tell them about the people who came to your house today and about the way they treated you that is just not on! Explain that you ex is a nutter and about the AVO that should help to clear a lot up, from my understanding they can not take her from you on unfounded reports it is all just hear say they need real proof that you DD is in some kind of danger, sounds to me she is very happy and healthy. Also talk to a lawyer on just what you can do about your ex
    You poor thing to have him be an a$$ like that and DOCS that's just not on!
    Good luck

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummanna For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012),SugarSkull  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds very strange for DOCS?

Did they provide ID? I would ring DOCS if they these people did not provide ID and ask if they actually did send people around. I find it strange they would send 3 people around and them to barge in and start yelling.

If they did, I would ring legal aid or have some family memebers around tomorrow that know you well for support.

This sounds very fishy

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-03-2012),moongazer  (21-03-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely make sure there's a couple of people there to back you, that's awful! Legal aid is definitely something I'd aim for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have organised for my partners mum to be with us, and also my exs mum. I don't have any family able to support us.
    I forgot to mention, I also have care of my brother (16) they went to the school and interviewed him for an hour, and they knew things about our family that no one could know. I was told they have probably been following us around for some time?

I am pretty sure they were DOCS or they wouldn't of been able to get my brother out of school.

Already cleaned, like I told them it takes half an hour if that to tidy up DDs mess, I usually do it before bed - but I was so tired I left it and went to bed and then they rocked up the morning after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh my that is just awful. They had no right to yell at you no matter what they think of you and these so called accusations. I cant believe they yelled at you especially in front of your poor little DD, that to me seems like they were bullying. Honestly that is disgusting behaviour from people who havent even gotten the chance to talk to you properly.

Does your DD have to be present next interview? If not do you have somebody that can have her when they come back? Or anybody than can be there for support...They have obviously terrified the poor little thing How awful OP, I really hope that this works out for you, how upsetting Im sorry I have no advice, ive never had anything to do with them, I just wanted to send many many hugs your way.

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 21-03-2012 at 14:02.