+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    By far and away, despite a 3rd, borderline 4th degree tear, placenta accreta and PPH requiring blood transfusions, I would always opt and prefer to have a vaginal delivery over another elective c/s (due to breech baby).

As far as c/s goes, mine was textbook, I was able to have skin on skin contact straight after birth, the baby was with me in recovery, baby hadno problems with my milk coming in, perfect apgars, but I loathed every minute of it.

My vbacs were all drug free and to be overdosed on all the feel good Oxytocin released when you give birth vaginally, will always outweigh the feelings of despair, lack of bonding and terrible time I had recovering physically and mentally after the c/s. I hope I never have to have another one again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

babylily  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How old are your children if you dont mind me asking? I am a huge pro c sectioner, or pro choice if you will, but i'd be inclined to have a vaginal birth if I were you. (First time I have said that on bubhub lol).Running round after 6 children after having major surgery is not going to be fun....it also might hinder your recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I did and no, this wasnt allowed. Both were big hospitals in Melbourne.
    Sorry, my bad, the part about checking was for OP.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Sorry, my bad, the part about checking was for OP.
    Oh oops!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    have had both.

DS was natural, no drugs, 6 hour labour (he was in a hurry lol) and 4.666kg! I did have stitches after. I was up and about within a few hours...i was a bit sore but, could do most stuff as needed.

DD was an emergency c section. I had placenta previa and at very very fortuitous 38 week scan they saw DD was in severe distress and placenta was coming away. She was born 35 minutes later. I reacted badly to the spinal...and was feeling pretty ill. I only got to hold DD for a few minutes before she was rushed off to special care, DH with her. I had my own middy present and she stayed with me...but no special family time I was bed/wheelchair ridden for 2 1/2 days, could only see DD when taken down by a nurse. i was ok to drive after 3 weeks...but was sore and uncomfortable for 8 weeks. For the record...i have a beautiful relationship with DD now, it didn't make bonding hard...in some ways the adversity and coming so close to losing her made me attach like glue lol

I do not want to scare you...because our situation was extreme. But, i would def look at planning and choosing early rather than leaving it to go to an emergency. C sections can be really positive (from what i have heard) but i do think they require as much planning and prep as natural birth...get a good and trusted plan...make sure you and your partner know clearly what should happen in diff situations (we had always discussed that DH had to stay with DD, no matter what).

You would def need help at home for at least 4 weeks...you will be in hospital for 5-7 days. But, you could have a long labour and then still have c section.

I'd investigate all your options and sit down and make some hard choices.

Good luck, i hope your little one arrives safely

7. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

babylily  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default my opinion

vaginal i found so much better. i felt like i did what women r spose 2 do. im not having a go at those who have c-secs or prefer 2 hav c-secs, im just saying, ive had both n felt so failed having a c-sec. it was so fast n "easy" i felt let down

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonia For This Useful Post:

babylily  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    How old are your children if you dont mind me asking? I am a huge pro c sectioner, or pro choice if you will, but i'd be inclined to have a vaginal birth if I were you. (First time I have said that on bubhub lol).Running round after 6 children after having major surgery is not going to be fun....it also might hinder your recovery.

At time of delivery, my eldest will be 15 and youngest a month off 3.

I guess it would still be very impractical with the limits on driving, mobility etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much help will you have at home afterwards? Is there anyone that can come and give you a hand every day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm just ducking in and out here, as I have only had a c-section. Hope it's still okay to post in reference to one thing.

Just wanted to say that for most people there are no limits on driving/ moving around after a c-section beyond what you're comfortable with. Most hospitals don't give you a time limit in which you can't drive these days. Mine just said to drive when you felt comfortable.

I felt fine to drive immediately, but left it a couple of weeks as DH was home, so there was no need. I was also moving around okay the day after the c-section. I found the c-section recovery heaps easier to deal with than the end of pregnancy, (I had SPD, and movement was limited).

Sorry to intrude - just saw your last post and thought I'd add that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

babylily  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i also was fine and could have driven a week after cs no pros at all. could jump stamp feet etc with ease. but dh was home for a few weeks so i had no need.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

15. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

babylily  (22-03-2012)