+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default mature aged students - help required for midwifry options

Calling all mature aged midwifry students, can you suggest any courses etc i can take or do to support my application for midwifrey apart from the STAT test ( which i will do later this year). I did not finish Yr 11 and have done admin work for years. The only 'medical' thing i have done is donate eggs for 17yrs so i have a fair understanding of some medical aspects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a first year mid student. I used previous study to get in but a few of my friends used the stat test alone. Another friend did a bridging course as she didn't finish school either.
    I would have a chat to someone at the uni you are looking into and they should be able to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would highly recommend that you do a unit of Anatomy and Physiology or a beginner guide to A &P course if they are available. You may be able to do one online, but not sure if you can do it in time now to improve your application, but it would certainly be useful- you may even be able to get credit for it. There are a few Unistart courses around too that may help you with your understanding of what is expected at university level study.
    Any university unit that you can complete before it is needed for your application would be of benefit to your application though- particularly if you could find one that is health related. I believe our uni prefer 2 units to have been done with good grades. You can even apply directly to the university to do 2 of the units in your course, and then you would get credit for them the following year (although this is very expensive to do it this way).

Good luck with your application- I am loving my course and am so thankful I have done it! It is well worth it.