User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We give our dog chicken necks , roo meat and a bone . She is a strong girl and the vet is very happy with her .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Natlib View Post
    I have given my dog garlic and onion and she is fine. She also ways home brand sardines in oil which makes her cost super shiny. Everyone always comments on her coat.
    Really? My vet advised to give our dogs garlic to stop them eating their poop...
    Me Him
    DS1 (June 2008) DS2 (November 2009) DS3 (December 2011)
    #4 on their way due 7th May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmy2b View Post
    Really? My vet advised to give our dogs garlic to stop them eating their poop...
    Yeah, most dogs that eat their poop are only doing it cos their bodies are lacking in something, and they're trying to find it in other ways. So the garlic and stuff may have some of that missing stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammyla View Post
    Garlic and onion are both toxic to dogs - don't believe the flea thing,
    Actually garlic isn't toxic for dogs.... In large doses especially for anemic dogs it can be very dangerous... But that's becoz it thins the blood...same as it does for us! This is a very common misunderstanding.
    Small doses is ok and good for their immune system n coat too feel free to google it if u don't believe me

Insofar as dogs eating their own poop... This only happens when they aren't getting enuff protein in their diet. A diet of straight dry food will suffice a dog to survive...but not hav a rich existence! In comparison it's like u or I just drinking water everyday of our lives...we'll survive but things like milk add calcium etc to our diet.. N no one just likes to only drink water n nothing else. U miss things.

Hope this helps
    Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasssssy View Post
    Actually garlic isn't toxic for dogs.... In large doses especially for anemic dogs it can be very dangerous... But that's becoz it thins the blood...same as it does for us! This is a very common misunderstanding.
    Small doses is ok and good for their immune system n coat too feel free to google it if u don't believe me

Insofar as dogs eating their own poop... This only happens when they aren't getting enuff protein in their diet. A diet of straight dry food will suffice a dog to survive...but not hav a rich existence! In comparison it's like u or I just drinking water everyday of our lives...we'll survive but things like milk add calcium etc to our diet.. N no one just likes to only drink water n nothing else. U miss things.

Hope this helps
    Xox
    Thanks, the vet never mentioned this... Although I honestly believe it was just my odd beagle... And my rotty just copied him. Unfortunately we had to have him put down last year due to lymphnode cancer... My rotty no longer does it...
    Me Him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol if there's 2 that can b a diff story... Dogs can b quite competitive with each other! If one does something at any point the other could do it coz they think they're missing out! Then it's a vicious cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasssssy View Post
    Lol if there's 2 that can b a diff story... Dogs can b quite competitive with each other! If one does something at any point the other could do it coz they think they're missing out! Then it's a vicious cycle!
    Haha I thought it may be more like that.... There were a lot of things she did when the beagle was around but doesnt now.
    Digging for example, she used to help him dig under the fence then come tell us at the back door when he got out (she left once and freaked so had never left again even once when we left the gate wide open for 24hours). She doesn't dig at all now! Crazy animals..
    Me Him