User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nelle7250 View Post
    Hi I'm a single parent who works part-time too. your family tax won't chane until you earn more than about $40k your child support may change slightly once you are employed. As for parenting payment single you can earn $175 fortnight before it effects your payment add $25 fortnight for your second and subsequent children after this you will lose 40cents in the dollar until it's all gone. You may qualify for JET CHILD CARE too. You need to apply ASAP once granted you will only pay 10cents an hr for childcare for your first 6 months of employment. Can be a great help!! If u have any other questions feel free to PM me anytime.
    Wow thanks Nelle. I can't PM just yet as I don't have enough posts . May I ask though are you better off financially working part time or I assume you wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't the case. Child care before rebate for 3 kids terms time is $118 a week so I assume I will be eligible for at least $60 off that. In school holidays it may cost a little more. Is JET Care paid for 1 kid or more than 1? Paying a little amount can lift the financial burden that little bit more

Thanks
    Reviews
    1360 + 440 a fortnight is more than what I get working full time with both my kids in care.Tempted to give up work and do this and just study or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In answer to your question yes we are better off and a couple of days a week work saves my sanity sometimes I think.

JET covers all your children so if you qualify will help you a lot. Also family day care is often cheaper than centre based care if you can find yourself a good carer in your area. I was a carer but had to give up to look after my mum and we've been through a couple before finding the right one and she's great.

Enjoy your time at work and your time at home I look forward to hearing how you go.
    Happy single mum
    Isabella - 5yo
    Emelia - July 2012 diagnosed with 22q11 Deletion Syndrome at 7mths but is now doing so well

My perfect little family!!
    Bubba #3 due 30th December 2014

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

PeppermintPaddy  (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just ask, seeing as I'm all drooling about how much you earn for two days per week, what do you do? That is a really good salary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes you will always be better off financially going back to work, as that's how the system is designed. However, there's many other factors that come in to play, for example, if it's the kind of work that's highly stressful, requires too much travel/commute time or little social engagement then one might decide it's more beneficial to stay home longer...

What I'm getting at is that it shouldn't/isn't just about monetary benefit, although in some cases people have little choice but I believe you do in this case...? Hence my comments. But yes, you will be better off financially

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

PeppermintPaddy  (26-03-2012)