+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cheap craft supplies

Am being inspired by etsy and pinterest - want to do my own canvas/stencilling specifically.
    Anyone recommend where I could buy cheap craft supplies? Online would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check Ebay, when I used to scrap book I mainly brought from Ebay stores, there are heaps of stores that specalize in craft, just do a quick search and plenty should come up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Have started collecting various household things for DS craft box - anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your collecting household stuff for crafts, toilet rolls, paper towel rolls, egg cartons, bottle lids (depending on childs age) yoghurt containers, pasta (for necklaces) theres heaps you cab do with it all and theres more I just have a mental block right now lol

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fabric scraps, wool/thread, magazine clippings, buttons, glitter are all good things to have in a craft box. Visit Spotlight/lincraft and also some op shops as they will have lots of bits and pieces you can use in craft, such as old photoframes, jewellery boxes etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great ideas thanks! Now Ive got to find cute containers to hold all the crafty supplies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.edartsupplies.com.au/

This is a perth based shop but i found it to be the cheapest for paint, brushes, etc. $12.50 for 2 ltrs of poster paint

Not sure what state your in but they do deliver all over Aust!

I also second the collecting boxes etc around the house. Egg cartons and big cereal boxes make GREAT robots!! The get the kids to paint them once they are finished making them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the link $12 for 2l is quite cheap!
    Not sure if the other crafty stuff on there is comparable though as I havent really bought any craft stuff before!

Love the cereal box idea - excellent! We eat lots of rice bubbles so will be using the boxes now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah i ahvent really had much of a look through the other stuff, but yeah the paints great AND WASHABLE!!!

We have a 'rainy day box'. Its a 90l pastic tub full of boxes, toilet rolls, egg cartons, even plastic drink bottles. PLus, sticky tape, glue, paint (although with a 3 year old and a 1 year old this is closely monitored), coloured paper, lace, wool anything really that is recycycleable.

It cuts down our rubbish and DD has a great time sticking stuf together...oh and MUMMY does too .

Its amazing what DD can make out of a cereal box, some toilet rolls and wool .

Another tip too. When people ask 'what does your kids what for xmas/birthdays'. I always say CRAFT STUFF!!! Ive got some great stuff as gifts!!

Easters coming up too so get CRAFTING!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Old jars from sauces can be used as paint tubs especially to mix colours

Old salad spinners can be used to make paintings you just need to cut paper to fit the spinner

Old poster tubes can be used to make paintings as well keep the lids just roll paper and put in tube allow the paper to unroll. Pop a marble in some paint and drop into the tube. Let's your kids go crazy making as much noise with the marble in the tub as they can.

If you have old vertical blinds or know someone throwing them out you could use the connectors as little picture painting for gifts at Xmas time get your kids to do one for everyone they want to. Or the blinds for longer picture stories.

Newspaper with a black or white painting could make lovely gifts when framed or colourful paintings could make great wrapping paper, they are also good for dress up games (kids are really good at making clothes out of newspaper I've found)

I've thought about trying laminated paintings and then sewing them into a purse but not sure how that would go, if I could find clear vinyl I'd use that instead of laminating.

I could probably go on but I only skimmed a couple of posts so everything I'm thinking could have already been said

Good luck, have fun, I wish I was a kid again to do kiddie craft stuff ;-)