User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went through a biting stage with DS1 not long after DS2 was born.

Day care teacher did mention that these behaviors are quite common when new babies are on the scene. It lasted about 6 weeks or so and then he improved really quickly.

I wouldn't recommend taking him out of care. Just try to ride it out.

It sounds like you're going through a pretty hard time ATM so he is probably picking up on that also.

Hugs x
    Me + DH =DS1 (2009) DS2 (2011)

CazHazKidz is offline Merry Christmas! From Ham Mik & Ben
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hayden went through a pushing stage. He still does it but not as much. Luckily now that his sister is older we get the behaviour at home too and so I have the chance to correct it and explain to him that we don't push others. It doesn't make you a bad parent, I'm pretty sure MOST confident 2 year old boys go through this stage.
    •Me-Caz-33 DH-Rob-33 DS-Ham-5 ♥DD-Mik-3.5 ♥DS-Ben-1.5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amber Star - 2,000 postsTopaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 year old loves to drive trucks into us and whack us with things. He finds it hilarious. We don't. I think its very common and is a stage thing. Your little boy is not terrible (as you know), its just normal for his age. But, that doesn't help with the daycare situation.

we've had a lot of success with the rule 'you hit us with a toy, or drive your truck into us, you lose it'. Everytime he does it, he loses the toy for 30mins. He learnt quickly. Now its a rarer occurrence.

Can you ask daycare how they handle it? Is he getting a consistent consequence?

Pushing is instant time out for 2mins. We normally do the one-two-three magic, but with pushing we go straight to 'three, time out'.

I don't think you need to pull him out necessarily. It depends on how daycare are handling it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all, thought I would update. Things have improved, but not 100%. He still does a bit of pushing at daycare, I think the hitting with toys erratically has calmed down.
    Daycare said they try to keep him busy and I assume keep more if an eye on him.
    I still feel like he is the only one though.
    The other day I met a mum from mothers group and my DS gave her DS a big hug, while at the same time pulling him to the ground, not aggressively, he was excited to see him and was being a boy in my eyes, but the mother was gasping and going "oh, ooh,ah..." as if my son was bashing him up, I felt so embarrassed.
    Me & DH
    Plus two cheeky, adorable toddlers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for progress! That must be a big relief that he is not as impulsive at daycare

Yes some mothers (who presumably have gentle little souls) find children like ours quite confronting don't they? I get the same.

My son is still bad as ever, saw a paed recently about it but as it isn't a behaviour problem (in a medical sense anyway) there isn't much other than what we are already doing that can be done.

We shall persevere!
    family....where life begins...and love never ends