User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eloping

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eloping

Okay so FINALLY we are going to get married lol.. We've always just wanted to elope but just kinda put it off and off and off lol...A belly bub and DD (nearly 2) and 8 years later we have decided today that we are gonna do it.
    Thinking in 4 months on our 8 yr anniversary but bub is due in 2 months...is this crazy? Im pritty sure that ill be able to do it but just want others opinions? Won't be anyone there except us 2 kids celebrant witness and photographer so it's not like it's going to be long drawn out day for me or the kids with a lot of entertaining.
    We were thinking just a simple beach ceremony or something here on our farm. But with cake, dress, suit, flowers for photos
    As for a reception maybe a party later down the track with all our friends and fam..something casual that is just us without the stress (BIL is getting married oct. this yr and we didn't want to intrude on their day with having ours first)
    Soo is 2 months after bub due unrealistic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't recommend eloping enough! We eloped last November after almost 8 years together. It was just us and our 2 daughters 6 and 6 months. We are in Brisbane and used a company that plan elopements on stradbroke island. It was so perfect for us, we kept it a secret for 3 months! We all wore bridal clothes and had a professional photographer, he was one of the witnesses.

I chose to wait till our 2nd daughter was born so our whole family was there, it made it more special for us.

All up it was $2100.00. We then stayed for our luxury honeymoon!

Good luck with planing! It's a great way to get married.

Jes
    We are a happy family of 4 now :cheerleader1:

Married the man of my dream's 14th November 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    We secretly eloped on the beach in Coffs Harbour in 2009 (we live in Melbourne). Just hubby and I, the celebrant and the two photographers (who served as our witnesses). We chose to leave our kids at home with my parents (who were 1 and 2.5 at the time) only because there was no-one to supervise them during the ceremony. I would have loved for them to be there though...

I would highly recommend eloping... it cuts out so much family rubbish, and saves a lot of money too !!
    Me + Him
    DS1 (6) DS2 (4)
    DD1 (2)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH and I "eloped" in the sense that everyone knew that's what we were doing but it was just us.

We went up to Cairns and got married not far from Palm Beach in the rainforest. It was a nice day without all of the drama that would have accompanied having our families together and feeling obliged to entertain others on what we felt was an intimate occasion. Then we just stayed up there for our honeymoon.

The actual elopement was organised by a company up there and was about $2000 including photographer, celebrant, witnesses, etc.

I don't think that 2 months after your bub is born is going to be difficult. If it was a full wedding I would say it would be, but having such a private ceremony makes it a much more relaxed and causal affair. Just make sure you talk to your seamstress to ensure you can get your dress altered quite quickly just before the big day to allow for the weight and size fluctuations.
    Last edited by Penny88; 21-03-2012 at 01:31.
    DH 28 ME 26
    AND...
    If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? - Ed Dussault

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are eloping to Vegas in May ..with our 3 year old girl..so exciting!!! The idea of a wedding with lots of people etc..yuck..also means I can wear the dess everyday while I am in Vegas!! ha ha

Go for it!!