User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree OP. i try to limit DS to junior masterchef which is a shame because he loves cooking shows but I don't feel the nastiness is necessary, kids pick up on adult attitudes. Little sponges!
    some people are so poor, all they have is money

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (20-03-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i looooooove reality tv. I find it far more interesting to watch real people & sort of real situations than the alternative.

Having said that,I do think these shows are edited to give them a certain story line. Just like in real life, we may say or do something which if taken out of context can appear far worse. I often hear some of the nasty comments & imagine someone at the other end of the camera asking them a question that was somewhat guiding them towards that type of comment…sort of like saying "so & so said this about you…oh look here is a knife, take it if you like you might want to use it for something ".

However it comes about, I do think that these types of shows encourage people to take sides - which can lead to bullying. On thinking about it, I think it makes bullying, being rude, winning at any cost, being nasty all acceptable traits IF we decide we like the people who are doing it, but in most cases I find myself & other people disliking the ones that do that & I think you will find the same thing from the MKR page.

The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right