+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Were you able to fall pregnant after Implanon removal? "no horror stories please*

Hello! im a newbie here and have posted this thread for some advice/info/experiances/support or whatever you can give we that might help me out about TTC after comming off the Implanon Implant.

I have done endless "googling" and all i seem to come accross is worst case scenarios and horror stories.

I'm 27years old. I fell pregnant last year with DD#1. She was unplanned hehe! but now i cant imagine our lives without her.
    I went on the Implanon about 5weeks after she was born and i found it great. i did not bleed at all and had no side effects.

We are now ready for ttc#2. I had the Implanon removed after 10mths.
    I got a very small light period for only 2days, 5 weeks later.
    We ttc in the "ideal time frame" yet OPK's were negative all the time.
    I got my period EXACTLY 4 weeks later, so obviously, i did not fall pregnant this time.

What's going on?
    My period wont even cover a tampon. It's black/brown with a bit of red. Goes for 2 days, althought I get PMS like you wouldnt believe!
    I cant help but feel the Implanon has really messed up my body.
    As soon as i came off it i knew the moment i ovulated, but at the time we were not ready TTC.
    I have not had that "ovulation" feeling this cycle.
    What i am after, i suppose, is anyone who has had issues TTC after the Implanon has been removed?
    What happened?
    Whas your period weird like mine?

Is there anything i should so to help TTC? im taking folic acid and will be getting onto pregnancy vitamins....anything really, that's gonna help.

I'm actually really worried about becomming infertile. It's doing my head in so any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldnt panic too much! It takes your body at least 3 months to get back into a "routine".

I had the implanon taken out in march 2009 and went back on the pill. The implanon wasnt working for me. Made me spot, weight gain etc. I was on the pill when I became pregnant with dd in October 2009. So it didnt affect my fertility and I was pregnant within 7 months while we werent ttc.

I would give your body a few cycles to get back on track before worrying. You can still ttc but just dont be upset if you dont fall straight away It will happen !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    it took me 3 cycles to fall pregnant after having it removed. give your body time. they do say you can get pregnant straight away but that is a huge generalisation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got pregnant only two cycles after having Implanon removed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I havent actually TTC since coming off implanon, but it took me about 6-12 months to feel 'normal' after it came out. i think about 6months for my mittlesmertz to come back, and another 6 or so months to go regular i think...?

certainly don't despair yet (its hard though! i FREAKED out for MONTHS when my cycle wasn't being normal )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pregnant with DD3 3 months after implanon removed (unplanned lol). It had been in for 6 years.

Implanon put back in for 6 months while breastfeeding. I had it taken out in December but I didn't ovulate that cycle. Ovulated the next cycle, plus this one. We are now 4 weeks pregnant :-) This cycle did the trick.

I used google that first cycle and was shattered. Was wondering what I had done. Try not to stress, and give your body a chance to regroup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really have any advice but I had implanon removed went on the pill for one month and conceived my daughter the next month. Don't stress, your body will work itself out. Everyone is different. Although my dr said it could take 12 months to conceive after implanon. Fingers crossed you will get you BFP very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had mine out the doctor said it would take 6 to 12 months for me to fall pregnant after getting it out. It took exactly 6 months.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We fell pregnant about 6 months after implanon removal without purposefully trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went on the pill after implanon but haven't had any issues conceiving. Give your body some time