We have one copy of Rachel Robertson's book, Reaching One Thousand, up for grabs by a reviewer.
When Ben is a baby, Rachel puts his behavioural quirks down to eccentricity. He likes to count letterboxes; he hates to get his hands dirty; loud noises make him anxious.
But as Ben grows and his quirks become more pronounced, it becomes clear there is something else going on. When he is diagnosed with autism, Rachel must reconsider everything she thought she knew about parenting, about Ben, and about how best to mother him. Reaching One Thousand charts her quest to understand autism and to build a new kind of relationship with her son.
If you'd like to review one of this book, this is what you need to do
Reply to this thread IF:
- you would be able to read the book and write a review for us
- you are a member of our Reviewer Panel (you can join up - info here)
- your Reviewer Panel details are up-to-date with your current address (user cp > edit profile to change your details - remember members cannot see this info, only admins can see this data)
- you must live in Australia
By replying to this thread, you agree to:
- read the book conscientiously after you receive it
- post a review in our reviews section within three weeks of receiving the book (but not before you have read it thoroughly)
- your review must be at least 50 words long and written in a way that is easy to understand
If you agree to all the above, post in this thread saying Pick Me & let us know why you'd like to review this book!!
We'll look at all the posts that have been made 10am Thursday morning (22 March) Brissie time, and a lucky viewer. If you have completed your Reviewer Panel details correctly, we'll have your name and address and will be able to send you your book.
Preference will be given to regular contributors to our community and those who have posted in our reviews section previously. Here's our How to add a review guide if you need some help.
And if you miss out this time, don't worry, there will be plenty of other opportunities coming up soon! Subscribe to this section to make sure you are the first to hear about any opportunities.